(Chase Me)

Sonic the Hedgehog was sitting on the ledge on top of a large building in Station Square. His eyes were closed as he listened to the noise of the city around him. His ears perked up to a new sound. They were sounds of footsteps behind him.

"Thought you'd never get here." The hero said, opening his eyes while turning his head slightly. Rouge the Bat stood behind him, a smile on her face.

"Sorry Big Blue, had some paper work to finish up at G.U.N HQ." she walked over and sat down next to him. "How are things at G.U.N by the way?" asked the blue hedgehog.

"Ok I guess." replied Rouge. "Things have been a bit slow and boring lately." Sonic could understand that, he could never do what Rouge did. It all just seemed to...well slow and boring for him. "Well if you want, we could go on an adventure." She looked at him and saw Sonic smiling at her. "Just the two of us?"

"Just the two of us." he replied.

The white bat smiled and leaned up against him. The two had been dating for a few months now; they had decided to keep it a secret from their friends.

"Do you think anyone has figured us out yet?" asked Rouge, as she traced her hand along his. Sonic chuckled, "Well I think Tails might know, can't hide anything from my best friend for long without him figuring it out for himself."

"That kid sure is a smart one." Rouge said. "I guess I could say the same about Shadow, I don't think he really cares about it that much though." She shrugged her shoulders.

"You think he would care since his rival is dating his partner of G.U.N" Sonic said with a smirk on his face. Rouge rolled her eyes playfully and rested her head on his shoulder.

They both sat there looking out over the city, both enjoying the view of lights shining throughout the night sky.

"Looks familiar doesn't t it?"

Rouge looked at him with a bit of confusion. "What do you mean Hun?"

"Just saying that this night looks and feels like the night we first met." said Sonic.

Rouge smiled and nodded, she looked back at the city below. "I guess it does, now that you mention it."

"You sure caused a lot of trouble when you were still a thief."

"Well if it wasn't for you, I would be in some high tech prison right now" She felt Sonic place his hand on top of hers. "You know I wasn't going to let that happen to you."

She smiled warmly and snuggled up against him more.

"Remember the crazy adventure we had back then?" she asked.

Sonic nodded and looked out into the distance "I remember like it was yesterday."

.................................................

One year ago

It was 9:00pm, the stars shined out through the night sky along with the city lights of Station Square. Even at night the city was loud and busy as it was during the day time. High above the streets people were putting their kids to sleep or relaxing for the night in their homes.

A blue blur was jumping and running roof top to rooftop. The figure stopped at the edge of a building and looked down at the streets below. He took a deep breath as the cool summer night air blew through his spines. Sonic loved taking night runs through the city, he decided to choose some roof jumping tonight since the streets were crowded with people. Sonic jumped off the roof and started freefalling down towards the roof just below him. He did a quick flip and landed perfectly on his feet. He then started running across more roof tops laid out before him.