(Getting To Know Each Other)

It was 12:28am; Rouge was waiting outside her club waiting for Sonic to show up. She was still a bit steamed that he had taken the ruby from her last night. But at the same time she was glad to know that he didn't seem angry with her.

"I'm not sure if this is a good idea" she thought to herself. Anytime guys asked her to lunch or on a date, it was always for one reason, her body. She didn't mind the attention but she wished guys would stop staring at her like animals.

"I wonder if he will be any different?"

A blue blur then came dashing down the street and stopped in front of her. Sonic smiled at her.

"Hey Rouge, you ready?"

Rouge nodded her head. "Where are we going for lunch?"

"There is this tiny café in Emerald Town that I thought you might enjoy" replied the hedgehog. Rouge tried to remember if she had been there in the past but nothing came up.

"That's a bit far from here isn't it?" she said.

"Yeah, but I thought you might enjoy getting out of the city for a bit"

She thought for a moment and shrugged her shoulders "Guess that's ok" Suddenly she felt herself being lifted up and realized Sonic was carrying her. "Umm what are you doing?"

He smiled gently at her when he saw the shocked look on her face. "We can get there faster if I run there"

Rouge simply folded her arms. "Fine, just don't try anything funny" she smiled slyly at him.

Sonic tried to hide the blush forming on his face. He then took off down the street. Rouge was caught off guard at the sudden take off and wrapped her arms round Sonic's neck fearing she might fall out of his arms. The blue hedgehog smiled to himself and kept running. They were soon out of the city and speeding down a dirt road stretching out over small hills and beyond.

Rouge soon started to enjoy the feeling of the wind blowing through her fur. She couldn't help but glance up at Sonic who was focusing on what was ahead of him.

Rouge realized how attractive he looked. His bright emerald eyes, cobalt fur, his strong arm muscles that were carrying her with ease while running at super speed. She smiled and held onto Sonic a bit tighter. Sonic felt Rouge's grip on him tighten and he pretended to not notice.

.........

Sonic and Rouge were sitting at a small round table right outside the café eating lunch. Sonic had ordered a burger and a glass of water. Rouge ordered a small sub sandwich and a cup of tea.

"So Rouge?" asked Sonic looking at the bat sitting across from him. "I don't really know much about you"

Rouge set down her cup of tea and shrugged her shoulders. "Well what would you like to know?"

Sonic tapped his chin trying to think of some questions. "Well how old are you?"

"18"

"What's your favorite thing to do...besides stealing gems?" he added.

"I enjoy relaxing on the beach and taking nighttime flights"

Sonic raised his eyebrow a bit. "I enjoy taking nighttime runs"

"Oh really?" said the bat. "Well I shared some info about me, now it's your turn blue"

"Ok, I'm 18 as well and I love going on adventures, epic danger and enjoy chili dogs"

"I like going on adventures as well" said Rouge.

The two stared at each other and laughed for a bit.