Chapter 3 - moving on

Newts pov
I  knew finding another girl that I liked nearly as much as much as Sophie
Would be hard, but what other choice did I have? Sophie just doesn't like me. And I can't wait forever. Last night had been hard. I knew Sophie had gone to some party. I knew she had probably been mingling. I had planned to go to and stop her from talking to anyone until I decided that I had to move on. But I just kept thinking, what if she's with someone right now? But if she's happy.... I guess I'm happy for her?  I mean If you really love someone you should just let them go right ? I think maybe it be easier to move on if I had someone.  So I asked this girl asha on a date, and she said yes. I didn't know her very well and I'm not sure if she'll ever be anything like Sophie but she seems nice so I decided to give it a shot.  Just then I got a text. "Hey babe, wanna have lunch together? - asha. Well it's time to see if she really can get me over Sophie.
Sophie's pov
"I still can't believe Justin asked you out!" Pepper squealed. "I know right!" I  replied! "Now you Justin me and sawyer can go on double dates!" Pepper cried. "I know!" I said even louder. As me and pepper sat on the bench and ate our lunch I noticed newt walking into the area where we eat our lunch. I hadn't  seen him all day, he usually tails me wherever I go. I thought it was just one of those unusual days where he had managed to get sick. What a shame. I could have used some space now that I was with Justin. But to my surprise he didn't try to come sit beside me. He walked right past my table without even looking at me. Suddenly peppers raving about me and Justin became background noise, I was following newt with my eyes. Then I saw him pull up a chair beside a girl that I recognized from the cheer squad. Asha. He must have found another obsession. Poor guys about to get rejected by yet another girl. I thought as I tuned back into what pepper was talking about. "So when are you seeing each other again?" She asked. "Tonight" I replied. "He's taking me for dinner" I said happily.

Newts pov
I had noticed Sophie's eyes on me for a minute while I was at lunch with asha. I thought maybe she had been jealous. But just as quick as her eyes came on me they turned back to pepper. That left me sitting there watching her and wondering what she was so happy about. Wondering why she hadn't cared a little bit more about me and asha. You know what, who cares. I didn't do this to make Sophie jealous ( even though I secretly hoped it would ) I did this to know asha. And she's pretty great. She likes me.. We talked until lunch was done. I wasn't over Sophie. But now I'm thinking I could get over her, because I think I like asha too.

Sophie's pov
"How do I look?" I asked showing my friends Bella and pepper my outfit for  my big date tonight. " you look fantastic!" Bella cheered. "What time are you meeting?" Asked pepper. "6:00" I said exited.  "Well then go already your gonna be late!" Said Bella. "Alright, wish my luck!" I said as I hugged my girls and hopped into the car with my mom ( who that I was hanging out with other friends) when I got there I realized I was already 3 minutes late. Not a big deal. So I stepped in the restaurant and looked around. Justin wasn't there yet. So I asked for a table for 2 and waited. And waited. and waited some more. I'm gonna kill that guy when he comes looking down at my phone and realizing it was already 6:35 . I decided to text him for the third time. "Justin, about to leave. Where are you?" Send. I waited. Read. he read it. No reply. I choked back tears as I stood up and headed for the door looking down. I had just been stood up, I definitely didn't want anyone to see that my eyes were watering. Just then I bumped into someone. As I looked up I recognized the startled face in front of me. Newt.

Authors notes- don't worry readers I know it seems like this fan fiction for newt and soph is going the complete wrong way but don't worry! I swear I'm getting somewhere with this😂