03. He's the Plague You Can't Escape

Right as she had left Stephen's flat, she made her way back to the hospital. She couldn't work in that environment anymore. She knew she could go and be a teacher.

Every year at Midtown School of Science and Technology, they would offer her a position at the Psychology 101 teacher. She always turned it down because of Stephen though, with him telling her she was more than a school teacher. Now she could actually take up that position, knowing that she meant nothing to Stephen.

Once at the hospital, she made her way to her office and started writing her letter of resignation. When it was print, she started packing up her things. When she did, she found an old picture of her mom and dad. They were long gone though. Her father was the one who told her about Kamar-Taj and becoming a sorcerer. Her mother was the one that introduced her father to it.

Her parents were perfect for each other even though they came from two different worlds

Her parents were perfect for each other even though they came from two different worlds. He was an American fighting in the Vietnam war and she was a poor Vietnamese girl. Genevieve thought that maybe her and Stephen could be like that, but all of that was now shattered.

Once Genevieve had everything together, she left the letter on her desk and took her sling ring out of the drawer in her desk. She thought of her room at Kamar-Taj and opened the portal.

She entered through the portal with her things and placed them on her bed. The portal closed behind her and she changed into her traditional robes.

After she had finished getting changed, she made her way into the library where she was greeted by Wong

"Wong, it's so nice to see you? Are you the new guardian of the library?" she asked.

"Yes. The last one was relieved of his headed." Wong stared with no expression.

"Oh my." Genevieve muttered to herself.

"And it is nice to see you Master Robinson." Wong told her, letting emotion into his voice.

As Genevieve made her way through the library, she smiled a little, "How many times do I have to tell you to call me Genevieve?"