10. New York Is Falling

As Genevieve and Stephen walked back into the Sanctum, they saw the zealot dead on the floor. The Cloak Of Levitation floated above, almost as if it was defending and making sure the zealot didn't return.

Stephen bent down to check and see if the zealot still had a pulse. He was for sure dead. When Stephen stood up, he grabbed the cloak and pulled it around his shoulders.

He turned to look at Genevieve, "You look hot, not gonna lie." Stephen and Genevieve both laughed.

The two walked hand in hand as they made their way up the stairs. The contraption that had once held Kaecillius was broken and he was gone.

"Strange. Genevieve." The two heard the voice of Mordo, "You're both okay."

"A relative term, but yeah. We're okay." Stephen looked at Genevieve and she nodded.

"The Cloak Of Levitation." Mordo pointed out, "It came to you."

"No minor feat." The Ancient One appeared, "It's a fickle thing. I see you two have made up."

Genevieve and Stephen looked down at their hands before pulling them apart from each other.

"He escaped." Stephen stated, eluding to Kaecillius.

"Kaecillius?" The Ancient one suggested.

"Yeah." Stephen caught his breath, "He can mold space and matter at his will."

"He folds matter outside the Mirror dimension?" The Ancient One questioned, "In the real world."

"Yeah." Stephen stated.

"How many more?" The Ancient One asked.

"Two." Genevieve answered, "One stranded in the desert."

"And the other?" The Ancient One continued.

"Dead in the hall." Genevieve finished, "Master Drumm is in the foyer."

"He's been taken back to Kamar-Taj." Mordo told Genevieve and she felt a wave of relief, knowing he was in good hands.

"The London Sanctum has fallen. Only New York and Hong Kong remain now to shield us from the Dark Dimension." The Ancient One stated aloud, "You both defended the New York Sanctum from attack. With its Master gone, it needs another. Maybe even two."

"I would happily agree to that." Genevieve agreed. Genevieve looked at Stephen, who was still thinking.

"Master Strange." The Ancient One said.

"No." Stephen turned around to look at her, "It is Dr. Strange. Not Master Strange, not Mr. Strange. Doctor Strange. When I became a doctor, I swore an oath to do no harm and I have just killed a man! I am not doing that again. I became a doctor to save lives, not take them."

Genevieve looked at Stephen with all seriousness, "You became a doctor to save one life above everything. Your own. Don't even. I watched it happen."

The Ancient One agreed with her. Stephen looked at both of them. He knew Gem's words were true, but he wasn't going to admit to them.

He looked at the Ancient One, "Still seeing through me, are you?"

"I see what I've always seen. Your overinflated ego. You want to go back to the delusion that you can control anything. Even death. Which no one can control. Not even the great doctor, Stephen Strange." The Ancient One told him.

"Not even Dormammu?" Stephen looked at the Ancient One, "He offers immortality."

"It's our fear of death that gives Dormammu life. He feeds off it." The Ancient One answered.