Chapter ten

When I opened my eyes I was blinded by the bright sunlight shining through the sliding door in my room.
There was a nice smell coming from the kitchen.
Nope. It wasn't nice. It smelled like something was burning.
I wonder.
There was indistinct chatter down stairs.
I got out of bed and went to take a quick shower.
Walking into my wardrobe I remembered that I was going to spend the day out with Carr. Not only with her but along with Jake  and Dustin.
So, what to wear?
Taking out and wearing black skinny jeans and a light powder blue shirt, I concluded that the outfit would be perfect with white tekkies and my hair in a ponytail.
Then I made my way downstairs.
As I placed my foot in the last step three pair of eyes looked my way.
Two of them were surprised and one was just blank.
I firgured the two was surprised that I looked much better than yesterday.
Dustin's were just blank because he didn't know what was going on.
Carrie was standing near the black stove and the two guys were sitting on the breakfast area.
She wore an apologetic expression.
" What did you do?", I asked in an ambiguous voice.
" Well...", she trailed.
" She was trying to make pancakes but was too busy with Mr Rathbone  here", he pointed at Dustin , " so the poor pancakes burnt into coal."
Wow. Carr tried to prepare breakfast.
"You didn't have to make breakfast, we can grab something out", I  told her coming near her and hugged her.
" You are too soft", Jake commented.
It seemed like Dustin didn't know how to speak.
Yeah, that's for making my friend burn the poor pancakes.
Not that I mind.
" Let me go and change", she said then started to walk towards the staircase.
She stopped mid-way and turned to look at me. It was like she just remembered something.
" I... kind... of... don't... have ... clothes", it was more like a question. The word 'clothe's was in a high pitch.
" You can take mine. Choose any thing you like", I said to her with a smile.
She mouthed a thank you.
" I did say you are too soft.
" It's not being soft it is being ultruistic and  Egocentric", I told him and Dustin chuckled.
" Whatever."
We waited for her in silence.
After a few minutes of silence and me playing with my phone , Carrie appeared on the stairs.
She was wearing powder blue skinny jeans and a light, black shirt with black and brown creepers.
"I think we should go now because I'm starving" .
Jake's words snapped Dustin back into reality as his was gaping at Carr.
I chuckled and they all went out of the house, with me being the last one so that I can lock the door.
We would be using Dustin's car, the new Audi Q5.
Obviously, he was the one driving and Carr was sitting on the passenger seat.
That meant I was sitting at the backseat with Jake.
After five minutes of driving , we arrived at the mall where we were going to have breakfast .
I usually drive for about ten minutes. He is a guy after all .
We had breakfast at KFC.
" So, what exactly are we doing today?",I asked them as we were waiting for our food to be brought to us.
" Well we are going to have fun. You will see", Carr answered with those few words. Not the answer I  was expecting but I knew better not to enquire more.
As if on cue, Rose, the waitress, came with our food.
Her eyes were glued at Jake and she had the biggest smugy smile on her face.
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't jealous. Like why would I be?
It's not like I have something for the guy.
Really?
That irritating voice inside my head asked.
Yeah, I don't have anything for Jake Stewart!
Mmmh okay.
It answered.
I think I have mental issues. Like how can you talk to yourself. Unless if some bells aren't ringing in your head.
When I came back from that little dispute with' inner self ' , I found Jake's blue eyes staring at me. Our eyes met for about , I don't know how long but long enough for me to feel uncomfortable.
So , I looked away.
I didn't blush!
I looked away.
And my face warmed up and turned red.
See. I didn't blush.
I ate my chicken mayo toasted sandwich and drank my orange juice.
After breakfast we got into thee car.
We drove for about half an hour untill we were in the middle of nowhere.
We were in the forests.
We parked at the side of the road and everyone got out of the car.
Except me of course.
"Guys, if you are planning to kill me and throw me in the swamp , please just tell me now so I will die knowing", I said.
After I finished saying that they all looked at me in disbelief.
"What? I've seen people being murdered and throwen in swamps. "
I explained.
I think i have watched my share and everyone's share of crime investigations on channel 171 (discovery extra), especially swamp murders, so you have to understand.
Ugh!
Fine!
You think I'm  paranoid.
I got out of the car and jogged behind my friends who had given up on reasoning with me.
We walked for about... I don't know.
Like who was counting?
We got to a part of the forest where there were no trees.
There was a hut built with woods.
There was a large board on the roof written ARCHERY.
So, that is what we doing here.
We played it.
I enjoyed even though my arrows were falling down near me.
After spending the whole hour there we went back to the car.
Everyone was laughing at me.
" That was fun, what's next?", I asked trying to change the topic.
" I thought maybe we could go Ice skating. Then we will have lunch then we will see from there", Dustin answered as he started the car.
He can talk? Wow.

--------------------------------------------
A/N
I hope the story is not boring.

So , what do you think?
What will Jake and Carrie do now that they now about their friend's past?
Things may seem good now but there is quite before a storm.
This will be a small storm though.

Hang on.

See you next chapter.

Love
Sthabile