Prologue

Unedited

Anushree

Nobody is perfect in this world, yet the society demands perfection. Perfection in every work, every action,  every word of yours, even every move of yours  "Walk like this, not like that!" "Sit like this. Colour like that! Don't say this, do not say that, say this way, only this way." "Why can't you learn this? All your classmates have learnt this, actually,  you do not want to learn!".......And these have no end. How can people, the society demand perfection from you when none of them are perfect themselves? Unfair, isn't it? But this is the bitter truth of our society, a society that does not allow a child's innocent mind to blossom, an education system that requires robotic minds, not creative minds. A very sad truth.
My childhood was never a pleasant one. The teachers wanted grades, only grades, knowledge never mattered to them. My way of learning had always been different, a bit different, that made me a slow learner in front of my school's way of teaching. Teachers had easily tagged me as a 'mentally retarded child' so easy for them that was and perhaps easier for my parents to accept that, especially my father. Because he began observing the way I look at things, the way I listen and unsurprisingly enough, he too began to indirectly call me abnormal,  a mentally retarded child. I was constantly being bullied at school, nobody would help me, teachers would taunt and beat me and the situation at my home was no different. Well it was all from 1st standard to 3rd standard in my school in Delhi. After that, father got transfered in Kathmandu, Nepal. There we were a part of The Indian Embassy.  Well, my father was a Central Government Employee and held a senior post. I was hoping that at least Kathmandu would not disappoint me.
Sadly I was wrong, so wrong. My school- life got worse. It would have gotten worse if Medha Upadhay,  my science teacher in 6th standard had not interfered, had not given me hope and spoken to my mother personally. She was the one who sculpted my mind, who encouraged my creativity, she was the only one who understood me, who could fathome the gravity of my mind.
But things did not change in an instant. I was still boycotted in my school and in parties, even bullied.
Well, nothing could change in an instant, could they? But I realised that those struggles, those situations had only made me a strong soul, I was a warrior now, because....I  had been alone, all alone in the battlefield of life all my childhood.
But 2011 was going to change my life, I was unaware of the surprises life had for  me. The beginning of my teenage, where from the  real story began.  The year, When I returned to Delhi as a 7th standard student. Same school, same class, same friends....but completely new  experiences and shocking surprises.