Conflicted

Unedited

After that incident, Anushree had made up her mind to avoid Aditya as much as she could and to some extent, succeeded too. But she had to face him, speak to him, everyday. After all, he was the class monitor as well as a Prefect, he was to ensure discipline in the floor their class was located in. At times, she wondered how come was he responsible for maintaining discipline and harmony among the children when he himself was such an undisciplined, confusing person. But she also had a slight confusion, what if she was seeing him through Reha's point of view and not hers. 

Brushing those thoughts away, she made her way towards her classroom. As expected, it was as lively as everyday. Her eyes moved towards her bench and to her very surprise, Reha, who would be always seen waiting for her there was nowhere in sight. Anushree frowned in confusion, sighing inaudibly, she made her way towards her bench. But on her way, she bumped into someone quite hard "Oww!" Anushree was taken aback by the sudden collision "Hey! Watch where you are going." the boy almost yelled at her "I was looking. It was you who wasn't." Anushree tried to defend herself, bumping with the hot-headed Danish was probably the last thing Anushree ever wanted, that too even before her day had started "I let it slide this time.....But the next time, girl, you better watch out." Danish threatened to which Anushree let out a sarcastic laughter "Oh I am so scared. Even you knew that it was all your fault. Do the same again and you will surely get it from me" Anushree warned, though she kept her voice low, she made sure that it was intimidating, before Danish could say any further,  she threw a loud 'get lost' on him before making her way towards her desk "Pheww! That was scary." Anushree rolled her eyes at the voice, she could recognise Aditya's voice out of hundreds even "Leave me alone." she mumbled, loud enough for him to hear clearly though "I was here just for a polite Good Morning." his voice sounded dejected "Look, Aditya, I am in no mood of handling your worthless talks. Please. Leave me alone." though she managed to sound completely austere and emotionless, she felt a pang of guilt deep down her heart which she was not supposed to feel, she saw  disappointment flash in his eyes before they returned into their usual colours. Looking away, she waited for him to go and so he did. "Stop thinking this way!" she whispered to herself as she  gently banged her head on the wooden bench "You appear to be sad." a voice startled her, pulling her back to the real world, she raised up her eyes only to meet Gaurav's bigger and more beautiful ones Gaurav Naithani was the boy sitting a bench before hers and a good friend of hers, who genuinely cared for her as she did for him "Hi, what's up?" she passed him a faint smile. She was feeling off without any particular reason, perhaps her date was nearing "Nothing in specific just....Mood swings you know." she replied with a faint smile which was reciprocated with a bright one. Though Gaurav appeared  to be a weird kid, straight faced, fluent in sarcasm and at times, too blunt, perhaps a savage, good humor obviously but a true and really good friend and over all, a very good person. Perhaps that was the reason, despite his weirdness Anushree liked him as a friend, she cared for him as he did for her, his bright smile was something only a few were used to, Anushree was one of the fortunate people beside his parent and a few other close friends. Gaurav passed her a knowing smile before speaking up yet again "Don't mind him, he just likes to gain attention and about Danish, I guess some people  just never learn you know." his words somehow soothed Anushree, he had always been matured beyond his years, she smiled at him before nodding silently, by now, it was almost time for assembly and she was sure Reha was going to be absent. She readjusted her bag and anticipated the shrill ringing sound of the school bell for assembly. The bell rang a few minutes past seven and  there was still no sign of Reha, it was confirmed, Reha was not going to come. She then decided to walk to the assembly ground with Gaurav.

-----

The classes went in a blur and before she new it, it was already lunch break,i it felt lonely without Reha. She wondered if time was too fast or was she too slow, sluggish might be the right word for her "Let's have lunch" Nidhi chirped as she made her way towards Anushree's desk accompanied by Shubhangi. Well, Nidhi and Shubhangi were best friends, like Anushree and Reha and the four of them were close, really close to each other. Anushree flashed the girls a bright smile before she shifted, offering her friends some space to sit down. All was going smooth and well, until, an unwanted person appeared out of the blue with his unwonted, deep voice "Hello there girls!" Nitesh greeted them with a flirtatious smile, at times Anushree wondered if he knew anything beyond maths and flirting, apparently no would be the correct answer. Anushree sighed before resuming what she had been doing since minutes ago.  Eating, enjoying the delicious  Aloo Parathas( a delicacy made with flour and potato stuffing)