A Closer Look

Unedited

Anushree pressed the doorbell of her apartment while she let out a tired sigh. The day had been busy, added to it was Aditya's cryptic words, how the heck did the boy even manage to affect her like that. After a few moments of waiting, her mother finally answered the door, a smile made it's way to the woman's lips as soon as she realised that her daughter had arrived. Letting her daughter in, she gave her a warm smile "How was your day? " she chirped, passing her mother a tired smile, Anushree made her way towards her room, bit not before getting rid of her heavy school shoes "It was good Mumma" she replied from her room as she put her bag near her study table, the heavy bag at times would give her a shoulder ache.
Washing her hands properly, she made her way to the bathroom. She was one of the few students who would bath after returning from her school, bathing early at times would take it's troll on her health. She had always been a health wise sensitive child, making her parents turn overprotective over her, especially her mother.
-------
Anushree's mother served the cottage cheese curry and some rice to her as the said girl sat at the dining table. Knowing that her mother had already had lunch, Anushree wordlessly dug into her food "So, what happened at the school today? Reha did not go to school in guess, since her mother called, wanting to know about the homework and all." her mother asked "Hm, she did not come to school today. The rest of the day went well, normal." Anushree replied, it was not that the girl never shared much with her mother, in fact, she would share every detail with her mother, but every day could never be the same, thus she decided to keep the conversation crisp, not wanting to to reveal much about Aditya.
---
Anushree packed her bag, preparing for her tution classes "Tution sucks!" she mumbled to herself as she let out a frustrated groan, the tution teacher was a grumpy, middle-aged man, added to it was that she was the only girl there and the boys seemed to be too awkward to initiate any productive talk or even discussion . But life would never go in accord with one's wishes, sighing, she made her way out of her home after bidding her mother a quick bye. Closing the door, she quickly descended down the stairs, her bag hanging on her shoulders bouncing as she stepped down each stair.

Another boring one hour she thought as she made her way through the blocks of the society she lived, her eyes caught the tiny leaves of a tree falling. The falling leaves reminded her that it was already the month of October , thus autumn had arrived. Her lips curved slightly at the thought of autumn, though the weather would remain hot and humid until late November. November reminded her of her parents' marriage anniversary, she wanted her thoughts to chase the topic but to her dismay, her tution teacher's apartment came into view and all her thoughts temporarily were compelled to go under the covers. A dejected sigh escaped her lips as she made her way towards the dreaded place.
---
Anushree sighed mentally as the teacher handed her her science book "OK. So in the last class we had studied till this paragraph" he said pointing at a certain marked paragraph with a sharpened pencil. The word 'we' suddenly stung her, hard, but she kept quiet, merely nodding. The teachers would only ask her to read and read further, perchance if she would have a doubt, he would only clarify it, she usually did not have doubts because the school teacher was a lot better. At times she wondered if the school teacher was lot better or was her so-called tution teacher was not worth to be called one. Surely the school teacher was an excellent teacher, but guess what. She needed tution due to the irregularity of the classes and even the slow pace of her teaching.
She stated blankly at the pages of her science textbook, the English was so simple, even a fifth standard student would grasp, certainly, language wasn't an issue, some concepts could be but honestly she would prefer her school teacher to solve them, not this grumpy tution teacher. Shaking those thoughts away, she began to read, mentally praying for the most boring one hour of her day to end, she was feeling sleepy too.
-----
Freedom. That was what Anushree felt when she finally stepped out of the dreaded and dreary place, the sun was going to set within an hour, cool breeze relaxed and smoothened her tired nerves. Out of the blue, the thought of not returning home so soon knocked the doors of her mind, she smiled as she took another turn, taking a path that would not lead her to her home but a park, the society had many parks, any park would do for her.

Anushree smiled at the view in front of her, the grasses had grown a bit longer, but soon, they would be trimmed, she had always been in love with long grasses, slowly, in a relaxed pace, the breeze had grown pleasantly stronger and she loved the way it caressed her skin. As she made herself comfortable on a bench in the park, her mind involuntarily drifted towards her parents' marriage anniversary. Again. She marvelled about it as ideas and thoughts kept coming and going in her head. She wanted to make the day special for them, perhaps things could get better. But life doesn't run on 'perhapses' and 'ifs', she finally made up her mind to think properly, but wasn't November quiet far, she had a lot of time to think and for now, since her Unit Tests were only three weeks away, she chose to focus on her studies.
Glancing at her wristwatch, she found out that it already had been around half an hour since her tution classes ended her eyebrows raised in surprise as she quickly took her bag before rushing towards her home, her mother might question her tonight.
-----
Anushree sipped her tea as she began making notes from the geography textbook laid in front of her. Thankfully enough, her mother didn't question her, the woman well understood the meaning of 'personal space ' and that pleased Anushree, in her family, perhaps it was only her mother who understood her, to some extent though, yet it was perhaps more than enough for her, at least there was somebody in her family.
Even though it had been a couple of hours she was home, she never put up the topic of marriage anniversary in front of her mother. Because she knew, that her mother would avoid the topic this time too, either by good humor, or by asking her to focus more on her upcoming exams.
She never understood, what was lacking but definitely she could sense something off in her parents' relationship, something that had always been lacking, it was just that she began to take notice just a few years ago, after all, she wasn't a kid anymore. She knew that all she needed to do was to take a closer look.
********************************
Hello my lovely readers, I am back. The chapter is boring, I know that, but this chapter is important for the development of the plot.

People waiting for Fated Desire, it will be updated the very next week. Till then, Happy Reading!!