Chapter 1- My Autistic Piece Of Heaven

What happened, my love? -I asked, just when I slided myself inside his hospital room, tears and more tears streaming down my son's cheeks, that was gently rubbing his beautiful eyes.
   -M-mo-mmy! -he cried more, extending his arms and making grabby hands for me, something he always did when he wanted lap.
   -What's the matter, baby boy? -I repeated my question, now, rocking him back and forth in my arms.
   -M-my booboo i-is g-go-gone! -he cried, laying his boiling face on my shoulder, pressing himself more to me.
   I looked immediately around the room, seeing his baby yellow Lion's pacifier on the floor, under his bed. It must have fallen when he was asleep, and he got scared when he couldn't find it.
   -It's here, baby- I told him, grabbing the binky with a little struggle, as I was still holding him- Mommy will wash it for you, okay?
   I put him back in bed, and he screamed as I got away from him, instantly trying to hold my hand.
   -Shh Justin, mommy will just wash it and she will be back! There's no need to cry! -I said, walking to the small bathroom inside his large pediatric hospital room and immediately started washing the pacifier with baby's antiseptic soap. Justin can't deal with bacterias, his body can't fight infections as easily as ours. All part of his condition.
   -M-mo-mmy! -I heard my baby, and hurried myself back to his side, slipping his beyond loved 'boo boo' into his shaped little lips, stopping his cries at the same moment.
   -There you go, my baby! -I said, kissing his feverish forehead as I laid him back down.
   He grabbed my hand and cuddled himself with it, as his caramel eyes, that were a little sore from all the crying, slowly closed, and he turned to his side. I covered him up, as my free hand rubbed his blond locks. All it took was five minutes for my baby boy drift back sleep.
________________________________
   -Good morning! -Dr. Hills said, just as she entered the room quietly, smiling as always- How is he?
   -Good morning! -I answered, smiling as well- I think he's running a little fever. He complained about a stomachache last night, but I don't think it's nothing too major as he got quiet when I turned the tv on.
   -Did he slept the whole night? Or kept waking up? -she said going to the cabinets and putting some gloves on.
   -Slept the whole night, just woke up about 2 am, but was asleep again 2:30 I think.
   -Good. Let's take a look at this big boy here.
   I smiled as she start examining Justin, who was in deep sleep. I really liked that doctor, she've been Justin's doctor since he was a baby, and was the only one that he could remain calm with. She's always so gentle, and so kind to him. I'm glad he likes her too.
   -M-mommy? -I heard my baby's voice as I walked to his bed and ran my fingers thru his hair, as the doctor took his blood pressure.
   -I'm here, baby. Good morning! -he was about to smile like every morning, but his eyes filled in with tears as the blood pressure machine started to squeeze his arm.
   -H-hur-hurts! -he cried, as fresh tears streamed down his face.
   -Shh buddy, just a hug in your arm ok? -the doctor said, wiping his swollen eyes as she look at the machine's result.
   Justin calmed himself down after she removed the wrap from his arm and was back to his bubbly self as the doctor examined his stomach. He just laughed and laughed, kicking his legs as she tickled his belly.
    -Alright little one, I'm going to bring your breakfast in a little bit but can you be a big boy and take a shower with the nurse as I talk to your mommy in my office?
   -Wh-why? -he asked, giggling as he played with his fingers.
   -You are going home today, buddy!
   -Yay!! -Justin clapped his hands and I smiled, turning my head to the doctor, who smiled and nodded. I was so happy.
   -Now can you be a big boy and take a shower with the nurse?
   -I-I d-don-don't li-ke -sh-show-showers!
   -It's just the way of saying it baby, she's gonna bath you! Inside the bath tub, okay?
   -W-wi-th to-toys? -he asked, looking deep in the doctor's eyes.
   -Yeah, darling. With your toys! -she laughed and Justin just clapped his hands, smiling all the time.
   -J-justin w-wi-wil be a-a goo-d b-boy!
   -Mommy will be back, baby! No crying, ok? -I kissed his head as he nodded and I left with the doctor as his favorite nurse walked in, already with his bath toys.
________________________________
   -Okay, I'm discharging Justin today, because I think 3 months it's a lot for him to stay in the hospital already, he needs to go back home and he's finally healthy enough -the doctor said, as she signed his discharge papers and passed them for me to do the same thing.
   -I'm so glad he's finally going back home, but I'm scared at the same time- I said, spilling what I was thinking- He's so fragile and the thought of leaving him with a unknown person so I can work gives me nightmares.
   -Well, I already thought about that actually- she let a small giggle out- I'm only giving you a possibility, you can totally tell me the other way around- I just nodded, desperate for solutions for my endless problem- So, my daughter is twenty, she's on med school and she's very capable of taking care of Justin. She's a very responsible young woman, very gentle and patient. She's just me in a younger figure, and also she's in love with kids and I think would be pleased to work for you as Justin's caregiver.
   -Oh my God, I'm so happy that your daughter exists right now- I smiled, so happy with the idea- does she have the time to stay with him the whole morning and afternoon?
   -Yes, she studies at night, she's available for Justin as long as you want, just before 8 pm actually, but I think you will be back from work right?
   -Yeah, I come back at 5. I can't wait to meet your daughter!
   -Great, I can tell her to go to your house tonight if you want, so you could talk and discuss everything.
   -Yeah, that would be just perfect.
   -Great! So let's just go back to Justin for a moment. So, he will be keep taking the same medication as always for his spasms, and for the autism. And I will put him in a strong antibiotic intravenous medication to strength his immune system a little bit, as he's too week right now -I nodded, grimacing at the fit that my son will throw when he discover he will be stuck with a needle the whole day- and also I would like to give him some B12 shots everyday.
   -Poor thing! -I said, but kept listening, as I was pretty aware that he needed all of that.
   -Yeah, but this all is very necessary. Well, my daughter can administer the injection and change his IV, but if you don't employ her, he will have to come to a professional, because it's an intramuscular shot, so if the person doesn't know how to administer, can cause him too much pain.
   I nodded as she gave me a little bag with all the medication, and stood up, walking to the door:
   -Let's go back to his room, give him the injection, put the IV in, and he should be on the way home.
   -Thank you so much, I'm so glad for everything! -I said, as we walked thru the cold hospital corridor, almost in my baby's room, that was the last one on the left side.
   -Your more than welcome, I love Justin, he's such a sweet kid.
   I smiled and laughed as I saw Justin running towards me, as we walked into his room:
   -M-momma! Mo-momma! -he screamed, attacking me with a hug, as little giggles escaped his mouth.
   -Hey, baby boy! How was your shower? -I asked him, while he squeezed me with his arms.
   -Justin, get back here! I need to put the rash cream in your bottom, honey -the nurse said, running to grab him, as they both laughed.
   -Jus-justin's b-butt said t-that he doe-doen-snt w-want i-i-it!
   -Justin's bottom is not a good boy! -the nurse said, raising Justin to her lap with difficulty because he's too big.
   -Y-ye-ah h-he needs t-to be p-pu-nish-ed!
   -Oh, do you want to be punished baby? -I asked raising an eyebrow but still giggling at him.
   -No mom-my! -he burst into laughing as the nurse laid him down on his bed, as removed his underwear, exposing his cute white plump cheeks.
   -Let's take care of this stubborn bottom! -she said as the coated inside his butt with the rash cream.
   -I'm s-so-sorry Mr. b-butt! -Justin said, as he smiled at us all.
   The doctor went to the several cabinets to prepare his injection as I sat in the big chair beside his bed, and pulled him to my lap.
   -W-wait m-mo-mmy I'm n-na-ked! -he commented, as I laid him in his stomach over my lap, wrapping my leg around both of his so he couldn't kick -M-mo-mmy?
   I just rubbed his back and held him tighter as the doctor walked over, with a huge needle in the hand. I kissed Justin's head as he tried to move, and then, the doctor started to wipe his right butt cheek with a cotton pad.
   -Ok baby, I need you to relax, it will be just a little pinch. -the doctor said as she rubbed his butt and positioned the needle, ready to insert.
   -Huh? -that's all that escaped my baby's lips before the loud desperate scream that broke my heart- M-mommy!
   -Sh, calm down my baby! Just a little pinch! -I said, rubbing his back, as I watched the whole needle inside my baby's skin, as the liquid was being given and his whole butt cheek was bright red from irritation. Just the look of it was making me sick.
   Justin was trying to kick and get me away from him, but fortunately I was stronger. It seemed forever, hearing his cries and begs for me to let him go, until the injection was finally removed.
   -Sh, you're done, my love! Such a good boy! Calm down, it's over! -I said as I laid him in my chest, still holding the cotton pad to his butt as he cried in my shoulder- It's okay, calm down. It's over, baby!
   I kept saying soothing words to him, but he couldn't stop crying which was causing pain to my heart, but I just hugged him, rocked him and kissed his wet face as I waited for the IV insertion.
   -Can I see your hand, baby boy? -the doctor asked and Justin just nodded and gave her his hand.
   I made him look at me, as I started to talk about his favorite subject to try to distract him: cookies. He was just calming himself down, as the IV needle pierced his skin and one more loud cry escaped.
   -It's over! Sh, sh! We're going home now, baby! -I told him as fresh tears fell from his sore puffy eyes.
   -H-hur-hurts m-mom-mmy! -he cried in my shoulder, as I stood to rock him when his hand was wrapped and the IV was placed correctly.
   -I know, my love! But I was all for your own good and it's all done now! You were such a good boy!
   -Here baby, do you want to choose which band-aid goes in your bottom? -the doctor said, handing him multiple colorful and animated teemed little band- aids.
   -I wan-t -this sp-spid-spider m-man one! -he showed the doctor, who gently replaced the cotton pad that I was holding for the spider man band aid in his bottom. She barely touched him, but he flinched in pain.
   -I know, love. You will be sore for a little bit, but I will give you stickers and a lollypop because you were such a brave boy!
   Before I knew, we were already on our way back home, with a very happy, puffy faced Justin that was sitting with just half of his bottom touching the seat, talking on the phone with my dad, telling him how brave he was at the doctor.
   -Ye- yeah, I-I to-ok a big-g sh-shot and th-en she-e ga-ve m-me st-ick-ers be-cause I w-as bra-ve -he told grandpa very happy- I just-t crie-d a tinny litt-le bit!
   I had to laugh this time, getting a stern cute look from Justin. Yeah, that's my crazy little eighteen autistic piece of heaven.
________________________________
Hey guys,
It's Julia here! This is my first story so I'm sorry if it's not that good hehe and also I'm from Brazil so I apologize if I wrote something wrong, but I tried my best! I really hope you guys like this story, because I really do! This was inspired in bizzlebeballinnn because she posts an amazing austism story too! So thank you so much!
Xoxo