No, I Won't Be Afraid

Third person P.O.V. ~
"We need to stock up on food in here." Vern observed. The other boys nod in agreement. "But I don't want to leave to get food by myself."

"Okay then," Y/N said, "we'll flip for it. Odd man goes?"

Gordie got out five nickels and handed them out. All of them flipped their coins and held the nickels on the back of their hands. The coins revealed three tails and two heads, the two heads belonging to Y/N and Teddy.

"OooOooh ." Chris teased as Y/N pulled up the door. Y/N gave Chris a rude gesture and climbed down. Before Teddy could follow, Gordie stopped him.

"Hey man. I know you like my sister. I'm okay with it, but you better treat her right. After Denny, she doesn't deserve another heartbreak. Better confess before I do." Gordie teased.

"I will man. I promise I won't hurt her." Teddy looked at all his friends who gave him thumbs up.

"Teddy, get your ass down here. I'm already sweating and I haven't even moved."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm coming." Teddy rolled his eyes and continued down the ladder. He jumped down and looked at Y/N who had her hands out. "Ladies first, Duchamp."

Teddy started walking but not without an eye roll in Y/N's direction. They walked down the streets of Castle Rock shoulder to shoulder, and sometimes the cliche hand touching thing happened.

Y/N ran her fingers through her hair after she almost tripped, as if she was saying, " Yup totally meant to do that." Meanwhile Teddy was laughing his ass off. But what both soon to be teenagers didn't notice was Ace Merrill in the alley on the opposite side of the street. They didn't know that he had the perfect plan for revenge against Gordie.

Teddy and Y/N walked back to the treehouse with snacks in tow when Teddy asked, " Did you really think we were brave?" 

Y/N stopped walking, turned towards Teddy and said, "Hell yeah, Teddy. Especially you when you stood up for your old man to Milo, even though your Dad hasn't done shit to deserve you. Chris was brave when he told Gordie how he doesn't want his last name defining him. Vern was brave when he stood up to you guys being mean to him. Gordie was brave when he stood up to Ace. You all were so brave and I wished I was there,but I was here alone."  Y/N got sad towards the end, and Teddy noticed. He grabbed her hand and said, "You're not alone now. Let's go before the guys have our asses."

Teddy climbed up the ladder and did the secret knock. Gordie opened the door and mouthed 'Well?' Teddy shook his head and climbed through the door. Y/N climbed in afterwards and pulled out a snack for everyone.

"Cherry flavored pez! How'd you know?" Vern asked, already tearing open the package.

"A girl has her ways, Vern."

"Gordie told you."

"Yeah, Yeah he did."

~~~
A/N
This was more of a crappy filler chapter than anything but it was needed for the plot line. I want to say thanks for 17 reads!
You guys are amazing.
Bye~