Stand By Me, Stand By Me

Third person P.O.V.~
Eyeball went to the police the next day. He told them everything. They sent out a search party to find the body and Ace Merrill. Gordie and the guys were still at the treehouse.

"I never got to tell her." Teddy said. They all had cried themselves out.

"Tell her what?" Chris raised his head.

"That I liked her." Teddy smiled lightly.

"I think she knew." Gordie joined in.

"She did." said Vern.

"How do you know?" Teddy said accusingly.

"One time when she was helping me dig, we were talking about crushes. I was talking about Lisa. She was talking about you,Teddy. She said she thought you liked her and she liked you back. We then went inside because my Mom had made lemonade." Vern smiled fondly at the memory.

Teddy looked like he was about to cry, "She did?" He managed to get out. Vern nodded as well as Gordie.

Chris looked around at the boys who were sniffing and said, "Guys. She wouldn't want us to suffer. We should celebrate her life! We should get her drawings and put them all around the treehouse. We should carry her memory on. We should remember who she was as a friend and a sister."

The boys nodded through their tears.

They then heard a knock. Even though they knew that Y/N was dead, they couldn't help but hope. Chris pulled the door up to reveal Eyeball. He looked at Gordie and nodded and climbed through the small hole.

"The police are looking now. Gordie have you told your parents?"

Gordie shook his head and said," No. They don't deserve to know that the daughter they ignored is gone, they won't care."

"Bold statement Gordie." Eyeball said.

"Sure it's bold, but that's the truth."

Gordie went home that day and went into his and Y/N's room. He looked at all the drawings fondly. He sat down on her bed and felt something weird. He pulled back the covers to reveal a radio. He decided 'why not?' and turned it on. Sounds filled the room as he tried to fill a void that could never be filled. But he knew what he had to do. He had to become a writer. For Y/N. He would use her drawings to help tell his stories.

"I'll make you proud."

Y/N smiled down and whispered to herself, " I know you will."

Gordie finished writing his book. He felt good to get it out. He pressed save and smiled. That day Chris told him something. Y/N had actually saved Chris's life. Before Chris walked into the restaurant in his old hometown , he saw a memorial for her. He went and paid his respects. If he didn't, he would have gotten killed. He came to find Gordie to personally tell him. He was so glad she was still being remembered. Gordie looked at the last two words of his book with some sadness. Those words were 'The End.'