8 - Tiff

Tom slowly awoke and found his new green eyed familiar studying him intently.

"Good morning, Frost," he said softly.

"Good morning, Tom. Have you rested enough," the Syren inquired.

"I've slept enough, but I have a feeling I'll be stuck in this bed for the rest of the day no matter what I have to say on the mater."

"Why?"

"Snape, the dark haired Wizard from yesterday," at Frosts nod he continued, "has been caring for me since my illness and is rather over protective. Honestly between him and Poppy it's amazing I haven't been confined strictly to this bed for the last five years!"

"What made you ill?"

"That, my young friend, is a long story and I have a feeling that Severus is about to swoop down on us at any..."

The chamber doors opened and Severus did indeed 'swoop' down on the hissing pair, robes billowing. Tom shot a look to his familiar, rolling his eyes, prompting Frost to giggle-hiss.

"Good morning Tom! I trust you are done over exerting yourself and scaring the wits out of all your loyal followers. Or would you rather I just invite Dumbledore over for tea and we can just resolve everything today, hmmmm?"

"I take it you are upset with me Severus?"

The Potion Master snorted. "Upset? Why would I be upset? Just because you insist on pushing yourself to the point of collapse, why would I be upset? Just because you disregard everything Poppy and I tell you, why would I be upset?"

"Severus – "

"No Tom! You will not pat me on the head and send me off. I have always thought of you as my friend and I will not sit idly by while you run yourself into the grave – permanently this time."

The Wizard stood in the middle of Tom's bedroom, arms crossed. His head turned to the right showing only his profile to the man in the bed, chest heaving with his anger.

Tom sat up.

"Severus...I am truly sorry for putting you through this, for putting all of you through this. Yesterday was necessary my friend. You know as well as I that if we do not find the boy all of our efforts will have been for nothing."

The younger mans shoulders drooped but he did not face his friend.

"I hope if you've learned anything it was worth your collapse," he sneered.

"He's alive."

Snape's head snapped around, black eyes meeting brown.

"What?"

"He's alive, apparently safe, and if I convince the Syrens of my good intentions they will attempt to convince him to come to me."

Severus closed his eyes, running a hand over his pale features. A small smile appeared when he again opened his eyes.

"How long?"

"They will stay a month and then they will go to him. Thirty days Severus...it will be over soon."