20 - Ever After

Tom burst into the Tea Room, wand drawn, with Lucius right on his heels. He paused briefly, noting that his nemesis appeared incapacitated, his now dull blues eyes staring sightlessly at the ceiling, before circling the still body and taking the trembling Harry into his arms.

Rubbing his mate's back and whispering reassuring words to him, he watched Lucius examine their fallen foe.

"He's dead," Lucius sounded surprised.

"How?"

The senior Malfoy reached down and grabbed Dumbledore's cooling hand, exposing the blackened fang marks there.

"Something highly venomous bit him, I'd say." The blonde's eyes focused on the bundle in Tom's lap.

"Harry," Tom hissed gently, "look at me."

It tore at his heart to see fear in his mates slit green eyes.

"It's alright Luv," he reassured the younger man, "I'm not angry. Did you bite Dumbledore?"

White teeth nibbled on pink lips but Harry nodded, looking down again.

Tom caressed Harry's jaw gently, "Open your mouth for me, My Love."

The brunette let his jaw go slack so that his mouth opened a bit.

Tom clucked disapprovingly, "Show me Harry."

The younger Wizard sighed and then pulled back his lips and lower jaw. The move caused delicate fangs to descend from the roof of his mouth right behind his normal eye teeth.

Lucius gasped and Harry quickly shut his mouth and ducked his head.

Tom frowned at his friend.

At the same moment a slightly worse for wear Severus and Sirius stormed into the room only to stop and stare.

"Report," Tom snapped, annoyed with Lucius and becoming angry that his mate had been in such danger all alone.

"It looks like a small incursion, My Lord," Snape said stiffly, wiping the blood from his nose. "Sirius and I were locked in our chambers. They managed to penetrate this far into the Manor by not using any spells. It seems Celeste spotted the intruders first and took out most of the ones outside with her venom. The wards were not triggered until one of the Aurors panicked after finding one his companions body and cast a shield spell."

Tom nodded before giving the battered Wizard a peculiar look.

"You only just escaped from your rooms, correct?"

"And took out the whelp left behind to guard us," Sirius piped in.

"So how do you know what went on outside?"

Severus turned an interesting shade of pink and Sirius grinned like a mad man.

"It seems our dear Potion Master has been fighting the Familiar bond with Harry's mother all this time," the Animagus proclaimed, nimbly dodging his lover's strangling hands.

Toms lips quirked watching the two while still rocking his mate in his lap.

"I see you finally managed to avenge yourself," Severus said gruffly, not looking at anyone in the room.

"No. We have my dearest Harry to thank for that."

"But how," Sirius asked puzzled, fully away of his Godson's inability to use magic.

Lucius again displayed Dumbledore's dead hand, now completely black, "It seems Harry retained another Syren trait that we were unaware of."

Sirius still looked puzzled while Severus got rather wide eyed.