♚Chapter 1♚

"Wait, wait, what?!" Eren screeched in utter disbelief. Had he heard right? His parents weren't seriously going to---

Grisha sighed. "Yes, Eren. By the end of this month you will be married to Levi Ackerman. Now Eren----"

Eren's face flushed an angry red as he shouted, "But why?! Out of all the alphas you could've picked, you pick that old fucker!!"

"Language, Eren!" Carla scolded her son.

Eren growled and pointed accusingly at his father who blinked impassively. "You can't seriously be thinking about selling me off to some horny old alpha!"

"What is there to think about? The deed is done, Eren, and whether you like it or not, you will be marrying Ackerman by the end of this month. It's the only way we can form an alliance with their country and end this war."

Eren glared at the floor, hands clenched as he grit his teeth in frustration. He knew his father was right. By marrying the heir to the Ackerman's it would mean ending the war that had been going on for years before Eren was born and any other problems they had with them.

Fuck my life,

Closing his eyes, Eren inhaled deeply to calm himself before opening his eyes again. He lifted his chin in defiance before gritting out, "Fine," and storming out his father's office, loudly slamming the door behind him.

He marched down the halls, passing by the old paintings of his ancestors and great grandparents hanging on the dark walls. His leather booted clad feet softly thumped against the red carpted floors as he furiously marched forward.

Once he arrived at his luxurious bedroom, he pushed open the doors and strode inside, making a beeline for his large bed and throwing himself onto it, his body bouncing slightly and face planted into the pillows. He screamed in frustration into his silk pillow, his scream muffled, then his body went completely lax.

He stayed like that for a few minutes before turning his head and lazily blinking up at the photo hanging above his headboard.

It was a painting of his five year old self with his parents standing behind him, their hands on his shoulder as they smiled. It wasn't a fake smile, no, but a true one. His mother looked beautiful as ever with her hair curled over one shoulder, plump lips stretched into a stunning smile and her captivating gold eyes glistening with happiness. His usually stoic father had a grin of his own, green eyes holding a rare fondness that was only meant for his family.

That picture had been painted on his fifth birthday, and Eren could remember that joyous day as clear as crystal.

While he had the painting of his five year old self, his mother had one of him as a baby, and his father had one that was painted two years ago. When he was fifteen.

It was something his mother wanted them to do, to have a family portrait above their headboards in their rooms. Eren didn't mind.

He sat up on his knees, and reached for the painting, feeling the fabric slightly before moving his hand under the gold, elegant framed picture. He pulled out a hidden, folded piece of paper. Unfolding it, he gazed at the drawing of two wings overlapping eachother.

The Wings of Freedom. He smiled.

How would it feel to be a part of a free group? To go on so many adventures and explore the outside world? To see so many places that had yet to be explored and to learn new things everyday? To feel the fresh air whipping against his face as he rode into the sunset, laughing---