Chapter 1

Encre P.O.V (point of view)

Imagine being a 5 year old girl walking through the village at night and seeing an angry mob in the town square. You'd stay away right? Well I didn't. I being the curious child I was had to see what was happening my friend Eterna told me to stay away when angry mobs formed she was a vampire huntress but I never wanted anyone to be hurt. The truth is while the rest of the village HATES vampires I'm fascinated by them and I'd like to learn more about them. When I got to the front of the crowd I saw...a vampire. YES! He had blue markings around his eyes and...wait...he looked scared...understandable but why didn't he just turn into a ba- I saw his arm was damaged. He needed help. I knew I'd be in so much trouble but...I wanted to help him. I walked to him... he looked at me then he looked confused. I was to short to properly hug him so I hugged his leg. He smiled then picked me up and hugged me I hugged back. The mob started screaming and running luckily Eterna and her friend Lofy weren't there. "Who are you?" The vampire asked. "I'm Encre" I responded. "I am Fallacy king of vampires" he said. "That's amazing" I told him. "You are...not like the other villagers" he told me. "I get that a lot" I said. He told me "may I take you to my castle? You look like you seem like you don't fit in here where I live I promise to treat you well". I took a minute to think. If I let him take me to his castle Eterna would surely try to kill him and his friends and family. But if I did go...no more getting picked on no more cruelty. I responded with "I will go with you". He smiled and ran into the forest.

Fallacys P.O.V

I took Encre into the woods running to my castle. How I wish I could fly. That would make this a lot faster and easier. But my arm is hurt so that means my wing is hurt. I made it to my castle when I walked in Encre had fallen asleep in my arms. My butler Suave walked to me. "Is that a mortal?" He asked. "Yes" I replied looking at Encre. Suave looked at Encre in confusion. "She's rather small isn't she?" He said. "She's only a child Suave. A mortal child at that." I told him. "I shall prepare a room for her" Suave said and he walked away. I walked to the fire place Encre still asleep in my arms and I sat down in a chair. A few minutes later Suave came to me telling me that the room was ready so he lead me to the room and I tucked Encre into her bed. "Good night Encre" I whispered. Then I walked out of the room.