#Oops

~Briony's POV~

As Carter was still talking and Kathryn was completely oblivious to me waving at her, I turned to Cameron.

"Can I do a shoutout, like real quick?" I asked him, in a rushed and excited tone.

He looked at me somewhat confused.

"What for? Are you ok?"

"I've just spotted someone from school in the audience. She's a close friend of all of us but didn't have access to VIP tickets and I really want to get her to come up on stage and meet Carter. She adores him!" I said, whispering to him as I didn't want to interrupt Carter.

"Errrrm. I don't see why not. I'll try and get Carter's attention." He said, genuinely.

"Thank you so much!" I replied to him, smiling my 'I want you to love me' smile.

He laughed under his breath, "Don't mention it!" He punched me playfully in the arm and he punched me back.

He waved over to Carter, discreetly. Nothing. This time, he tried waving both hands in the air. Still, nothing. I didn't expect that to work though. In all fairness, he was stood on the other side of the stage.

"Hang on a sec." Cam said, looking back at me, with a quick raise of his eyebrows.

"Take as long as you need." I paused. "Actually don't do that. If anything, hurry up!"

"Aha. Ok. I know what you meant."

He signalled to Aaron who was sat a metre or so, away from us. He caught our attention and Cam pointed to Carter. Aaron nodded, understanding his instructions.

We were sat in a kind of semi-circle, except from Carter who was stood up, in the centre. How awkward.

Aaron passed onto Jack G, who passed on to Jack J, passing on to Yasmin etc... kind of like a domino/Mexican wave effect.

Once we reached the point of the semi-circle which Carter was closest to, the domino thing didn't occur anymore. Instead, Matt was left with all of the decisions. He looked around wanting advice. Everyone purposely avoided eye contact. He gave up and stood up, walking up to Carter. Matt came up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. He froze and jumped on the spot, shocked. Everyone in the audience laughed and his face went from 'Oh My God' to 'Are You Kidding Me?' in a matter of seconds.

He put his index finger up at the crowd, indicating for them to wait one second. They all shut up as Matt whispered in Carter's ear and pointed at me. Carter turned his head, looking in my direction and nodded. He held out the mic.

My face lit up, my eyes widened and my whole body started to tingle. I leant my hands on Cam's legs to support me whilst getting up. In excitement, I ran towards Carter, arms leaning out to grab the mic, when suddenly, only a few centimetres away from him, I stumbled and fell into Carter, who's legs twisted and he fell flat on his face. Eh oh.

All I heard from lying on the floor was gasps. I quickly got up, looked around and saw everyone who had been recording, put their phones down and stare.

I went up to Carter and turned him, so he was lying on his back. His eyes were closed. Not a good sign. Not at all.

***

#drinkwatermelon🍉