Chapter 1: Arena

Arabella:

Bodies.

Bodies everywhere bunch themselves beside me heedlessly breaking my ring of personal space. They flood filling in the room from every angle, boxing me in, and negligently taking over my breathing capacity.

The music, the yelling, the jumping, the shoving, the punches, the slaps,the kicks. All of it. They all forcibly boom their way into my ear drums sending a tremble down my spine. It was all hard to take in. It was all hard to look at while breathing at the same time as evenly as I can muster within a crowd.

"Right hook him! Right the fuck hook him!" Nyla screams from beside me persistently. Her blonde mane of hair whirling at the sides of her face and falling behind her shoulders.

She seemed completely enthralled, screaming her lungs off, and pumping her fist in the air in front of her like some barbaric child. It was too bad that in all her excitement all I can think is:

Bad.

Bad bad bad.

The feeling plummets into my stomach like a prickle of needles poking at my insides

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The feeling plummets into my stomach like a prickle of needles poking at my insides. Fast,rapid, and a total disturbance to my intestines. I cringe when voices holler all around me loud, crude, livid, and laced with rough profanities.

That's it, I'm going kill her. I'm going to kill her so hard for dragging me into this, and this time I swear to do it!.

I fantasize wrapping my hands around Nyla's neck and choking the living daylights out of her skinny white porcelain throat for taking me here, yet again. There was a list of endless things I could think of as a tactic for revenge. And I wish I could at least yell at her! I wish I could smack her upside the head, slap her arm, or kick her in the shin, anything!, but my body wouldn't let me.

Instead I stay frozen in place with terrified jitters, closely attaching myself to Nyla's side, and clutching the cuff of her sleeve for dear life by my fingertips. I squeeze the cloth between the pads of my hands as half of my face hides into the collar of my sweater making my shoulders hunch up near my ears. The whole place smelled putrid, and not like rotting milk left in the sun for a few days putrid.

It was rancid as if a whole army of skunks had gotten into war spraying the whole place from top to bottom in a scent so vile it makes your eyes water. I try to hold in my breath as the smell lingers in the air prying to get through my white knitted sweater barrier, but it was just all too much to keep at bay, all at the same time.

"Where the hell is BloodRaiser?" A voice quips up from behind me in annoyance. A tone of boredom cascading over her words in clear dissatisfaction."He's the only reason why I come here in the first place."

"I know right? Same." A girl beside her agrees, high pitch, with a slightly nasal tone. "If it weren't for him I'd never bother with these things." I frown when she snorts sarcastically making her friend bustle into raucous fits of laughter. Their cackle so sharp I i have to refrain a flinch from it's ear splitting prick.

The Wild Sideजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें