# 8 The Leading Lady in His Life

Imagine #8

The Leading Lady in His Life

 I went into my dressing room. I began to do my stage makeup when there was a knock on my door.

"Miss Emerald, 30 minutes."

"Thank you thirty."

You see, I love doing musical theater, it is one of my favorite things to do. Ever since I was little, I knew that I wanted to be an actress. I never thought that I would be where I am today. To be on broadway is a lot of people's dream, but lucky me, it is a reality. I am so thankful to be here, especially to be the lead.

I would never be here without the support of my family and friends, especially my good friend Robbie. He is my best guy friend in the whole wide world. We used to be neighbors when I was very little, which was how we met. We have always been there for each other, for everything really. Through relationships, breakups, up-days, down-days, just anything really.

But anyway, tonight is opening night for Les Miserables, and I'm ecstatic and nervous at the same time. I play the aprt of Cosette, Fantine's daughter, who is also like the daighter of Jean Valjean. I am only 17 but I guess I fit the part. This is the biggest role I have ever had the privilege to play. Before this show, I was a small part in the ensemble of Wicked. I am soo thankful for this opportunity.'m a little sad though because my parents couldn't make it tonight, so the only people I know out in the audience are a couple of Wicked's ensemble members. But what really sucks is that Robbie unfortunately can't make it. He is filming in Vancouver for this show on Abc. I'm really proud of him, I truly am.

"Places everyone, places." says the voice on the loud speaker while I finish putting on my curly blonde wig. 

I don't come in for awhile, but I make my way up to the green room. I sit down next to my friend, who plays Eponine. 

"Are you ready?" She asks.

"Yes, are you?"

"Totally. I can't wait to step onto that stage."

I look down at my phone, to see if Robbie messaged me. Nope...

"are you expecting someone?" She notices me.

"Eh kind of, my friend Robbie-"

"Ooo Robbie, is he more than a friend?"

"No, but he is like my best friend ever. We used to-"

"Is he cute?" She giggles.

"Um, to me he is." I laugh. "Want to see a picture?"

"Of course!" She laughs. I love her so much. She is sooo bubbly.

I found a pic of him and me at one of our block parties. 

"Oh he is cute!!!!" 

"Thanks." My phone buzzed.

"Looks like he is thinking of you."

"Yeah," I smile at it.

Hey Em! Sorry about not being able to make it. I really wish I could. You know I do. I am so proud of you and thrilled to see you become the star you truly are.  I miss you so much and hopefully one day I can fly over to NYC to visit you! Break a leg tonight! You will be great :)

-Rob

I turn off my phone and hold it to my chest.

She stands up.

"I think you two would be a cute couple. "

"Thanks." I smile. She walks out of the room. I should go to my first place in the wings

********

I walk to my final position.

"Will you join in our crusade?

Who will be strong and stand with me?
Somewhere beyond the barricade
Is there a world you long to see?
Do you hear the people sing?
Say, do you hear the distant drums?
It is the future that they bring
When tomorrow comes...
Tomorrow comes!"

The audience stands up aplauding really loudly, some even crying. We take our bows, I go up to center and bow with the character Marius.  I see my Wicked friends and blow them a kiss. I'm really happy they could make it.

Everyone else finishes and the velvet red curtain comes descending down. We all give each other hugs and high fives, cheering about our first major accomplishment. Tonight was awesome.

I run to my dressing room and start taking everything off. It was sooo hot underneath those stagelights. I change back into nice noraml clothes, I mean, I still have to look cute for the opening after party. 

The cast steps out back for a small meet and greet for the fans. I signed so many things that I thought my hand was going to fly off. I met some really cool people and I got to talk to my Wicked friends. We probably talked for like half an hour.

"Well, we should let you go to your party. You were soo good! We miss you back at Wicked."

"I know! I miss you guys too!"

"We will definately come see you again but with more people! You were so great!" They said while walking away.

"Bye! Drive safely!"

I forgot that I parked my car behind the lot, so I had to walk all the way back there with my heels on. Owww

Right before I got to my car, my phone went off.

"Em! You gotta get back to the meet and greet. Hurry! We weren't done with the fans yet! A second wave hit and they are asking for you!" The girl who plays Eponine hung up.

Oohhh great, I have to walk alll the way back.

When I got there, it was completely deserted. Seriously?

The stagedoor opened.

"Robbie?" He was holding a bouquet of red roses.

I ran to him and took them out of his hands. I placed them down and gave him a huge hug. He spun me around.

"Oh my god, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"I made it just in time for act 2. Sorry that I was late. You were brilliant!"

"Thanks! I can't believe that you are here."

"Of course, I wouldn't miss that for the world." He says stepping closer.

"And why's that?" I say flirtatiously.

"Because I love you Emmy," did he really just say that, "Will you be my leading lady?"

"Of course! I love you too Robbie!"

He leans in and kisses me.

"Now let's get going to that party, love."

This is for fanfic_girl31

Hope you like it!