Chapter Four: "Smile"

La'Relle

          I walked into work today with a big pep in my step and a smile as bright as the sun. I felt like I was on top of the world right now. I smiled when I got up out of my bed, I smiled and sang in the shower, I smiled at breakfast and I smilied all the way to work. Walking into work, I had a new attitude. No one and nothing could bring me down off of my high.

          "Well I see someone has done somthing different today. Whats gotten into you La'Relle?" asked Ariel, one of my co-workers. I looked at her and smiled brightly. I wasn't one to spread my personal business but the heck with it.

          "Girl I went to the club with my best friend last night and met this guy who was so fine. We danced and talked all night and he gave me his number and kissed me! It was so just mmmmmmm mmmmm mmmm yes!" I said squealing again. Ariel giggled at my silliness. I felt lik e a high schooler all over again.

         "Gone girl. With a smile that big, I was sure you got the pipe last night but that's good too." she said laughing. I hit her on her arm.

           "Girl please! I am a virgin and I am staying that way until I am married!" Ariel stopped laughing and rushed me to the back of the kitchen where no one could hear us. She pinned me against the wall looking at me.

        "You mean you ain't never had sex"? she asked in a questionable tone. I nodded my head. She let me go running a finger through her long brown hair. "Okay okay what did this dude look like?" she asked. "What does it matter Ariel?"

          "Because if he was a fine ass nigga, then you need to give him he P if ya'll hooked up. I mean you do want to keep him don't you"? she asked. I nodded my head. "He about '6 3', dark-skinned, kind of puts you in  the mind of Lance Gross." Ariel gasped.

         "Oh hell no! Oh yes if that nigga as fine as he is, you NEED to give that man whatever the hell he wants!" shouted Ariel earning a few stares from the other workers. "Shhhhh! Could you please tone down your voice just a little?" she looked at me. "Sorry." I rolled my eyes and began preparing for work.

          "Look Ariel all I'm saying is if the time is right, I will tell him that and if he really wants me, he will respect that descion and get over it. If he loved me, he wouldn't care." Ariel laughed at what I said. "Girl, yeah right. Every nigga want the p**** so don't gimme dat shit." she said laughing once again.

         "Which explains why yo lonely ass ain't got a man." she stopped her laughing and her smile dropped. She walked after I said that, Now I feel bad. Ugh!

Marcus

          "So you mean yo stuck up ass actually talked to a chick last night?" asked my best friend Dylan in my office. "Yes man I did now can we please talk about something else, damn." I said pushing through some files trying to find what I was looking for.

          "Whatever man, I'll talk to you later." he said getting up out of his seat walking back to his office. I was a lawyer working for Union Inc. This was my father's company but he retired and handed it over to his eldest son, me. 

         I wasn't a stuck up person, I just had standards. I didn't want a woman who I would pay all her bills, have her spending my money and I get nothing in return. She had to have her own job and her own house with transportation of her own. Call me a stick in the mud but it's true.

          I wish I would have gotten her number the other night. I hope she calls me...

___________________________________________________

Short again, I know. More to come. Lots of drama is in store and about to come to surface!

Thanks for reading. Make sure you comment and vote! Thanks to those that do. :)