Chapter Six: "Lunch Date"

La'Relle

          Today was Saturday and I promised Ariel that I would take her out to lunch. We were not going anywhere fancy just the local Diner. It was around 12:00 so I headed to her house to pick her up. I honked the horn a few times and she soon came out. She got into the car and we drove just talking and listening to the music.

          We got to the Diner and ordered our food. Not long after, the waitress brought back our food and we began to eat until I brought up the subject of Marcus.

"So, I called Marcus a few nights ago." Ariel about choked on her food.

"Girl you didn't?! What happened?! Whatchu say?!" I chuckled.

"Calm down girl damn! Okay so he sent me flowers and-"

"Wait he sent you flowers?! Oh that is so romantic and cute!"

"Yes it was. Now may I finish?" I asked laughing.

"Yes." she said taking another bite of her sandwich.

"Okay! Well he got my address from Tia my best-friend. He said he did his research. We talked for a little bit but he had to go because had to go to work. Not that much of a conversation." I said simply.

"Okay so how did he know Tia? Where does he work? What does he do for a living?" asked Ariel. Every question that she asked was true. But the one that kept replaying in my mind was how did Marcus know Tia?

"To be honest Ariel, I don't know how he knows Tia. I never thought about that and I don't know what he does."

"Okay so you do have his number right? I think you two need to discuss this. I mean you hardly know anything about this man. Before you get in to deep, get to know some more about him first sweetie." 

I couldn't blame Ariel for being a concerned friend, I was glad that I actually told her this. She brought up very valid points. Points that I didn't even think of asking. I would have to give Marcus a call soon.

"Thanks girl, I am going to call him later. I have questions to ask him. I hope he has the answers I want to hear."

Robyn

"So what did you tell her?"

"I told her my name and I sent her the flowers like you said do." the guy said. Robyn smiled.

"Good. Good boy. Now I know how my daughter is. She's going to ask you how you know Tia. That is her best-friend. You told her that you got her address from Tia and I know La'Relle correctly, she's going to make conclusions so you know what to say right?"

"Yes. I tell her that I know Tia from one of my cousins who used to date her." Marcus said over the phone.

"Good then everything is set. Why don't you call La'Relle tonight. It's been a few days since the both of you talked. She'd love to hear from you." I said smiling.

"Okay. Well I have to go. Bye Robyn." he said and we hung up.

I started thinking over my plan. 

If only my daughter knew what I just did...

_______________________________________________________-

I'm very sorry for the update! It's been over three months since I have updated! I wonder if anyone still has this in their library!

PLEASE go check out my new story Sideline Forever! I promise you, you will like it! I'll be writing this story and that one together so please look at them both! Thanks!! 

~Lady_M