-8-

Percy POV-
Training and commanding always got me rallied up, so I was in a pristine mood when we all walked to lunch. I walked beside Annabeth ahead of the group and enjoyed the little time we had together alone. Or at least as alone as we could get.

"I'm sorry I haven't been available to talk about the wedding much." I said.

"It's fine Percy, I know you've had a lot on your mind. We've all been busy." Annabeth said, squeezing my hand.

"How about we make up for some lost time?" I smirked.

"And what does your mysterious plan involve?" Annabeth asked, raising an eyebrow.

"How about we ditch lunch and go down to the lake?" I smiled, whispering in her ear and bringing a smile to her face as well.

Annabeth was holding my hand, and although I expected her to agree I didn't expect her to pull me along to the lake right that second.

We ran together, away from the others and ready to relax for the first time in a while.

-/-/-/-

Neville POV-
Percy and Annabeth ran away from the group, which momentarily shocked all of us, but because the Ares kids shrugged and continued walking (while making jokes about what Annabeth and Percy would be doing), we did the same. Minus the jokes.

The rest of the walk was relatively silent among the magical folk, most of their feet trudging along after working out. But not me. My adrenaline was high, as it has been for quite some time.

As we walked closer to our tables I found that I was the only one at the Poseidon table. Both Harry and Draco had wondered off to their friends at the other tables. I was fine with it.

Or, that's what I tried to convince myself of. In truth, it's lonely. Sure, I could go sit with Luna or something, but none of them invited me over, so surly I'm not wanted.

Or maybe I'm just to prideful to admit that I need the company of others.

So I sat there and ate my lunch.

The minutes ticked by, and I soon began to wonder how long lunch actually was. No one ever specifically told us, we just left when we left.

I tapped my foot to an invisible beat and ate up some energy.

And then, I was saved.

"Your Neville, right?"

I looked up from my meal, and to my surprise, a Demeter girl sat in front of me.

"That would be me." I said.

"That's good, it would be really awkward if you weren't." She said, then stuck out her hand. "I'm Sam."

Sam had medium lengths blue and purple hair, freckles galore, brown eyes, and was wearing a Camp Half Blood shirt with the sleeves cut off and jeans shorts.

I shook her hand and shared a smile with her.

"Is their a particular reason you decided to come over here? Did I do something wrong? Have I offended someone somehow?" I asked, confused.

"What? No. I saw you at the Lava Wall when I was passing by and thought I'd talk to you." She said.

"Oh. That's embarrassing." I said, blushing.

"Yeah, you were bad."

Sam's eyes widened, realizing what she said, then quickly added, "But we all were once of course. Your not the only one. Besides, you did better then most of the people in your group."