Sorting The Princess Bride Characters

I've been watching the Princess Bride way to much. So...naturally I've mentally sorted them.

Here you go. Where I think the major characters in The Princess Bride would be sorted.

Buttercup: I'm still really hesitant on her. It's a very tentative Hufflepuff, only because of her loyalty to Westley. She's not very brave, she's not the brightest, and she's not cunning at all. Her main characteristic is loyalty. She's also kind of emotional, which I feel is a little bit of a Hufflepuff trait.

Prince Humperdink: I didn't even have to think about this one. Slytherin. I mean, look at him! He wants to start a war, which also seemed like a really Gryffindor thing to want, but the way he goes about it is what makes him a Slytherin. He doesn't try to kill Buttercup himself until the end, always having other people do his dirty work. He's cunning in the way he will do what ever it takes to get what her wants, and he's ambitious through the goals he hopes to achieve.

Inigo: This one took some thought, but I eventually decided on Gryffindor. He's is the revenge business, and he's determined to get his revenge on the man who wronged him. He was brave enough to stand up to Count Rugen who was a much better sword fighter than he was, and even when he beat him, he didn't give up. Inigo has the bravery, recklessness, and pride of a Lion.

Fezzik: Another to Hufflepuff. This one was kind of obvious. He's a big, sweet guy, who cares very deeply about his friend, Inigo. He doesn't really have any ambition, he's definitely not scholarly or anything, and though he's brave, it's not quite something he considers himself. His prioritizes Inigo over himself, and is willing to do anything for him to help reach his goal. A true Hufflepuff friend right there.

Vizzini: I know what you're all thinking. His biggest scene was a battle of wits. Obviously a Ravenclaw.
No.
No he's not.
Vizzini is a Slytherin. Slytherin through and through and here's why:
He does have plenty of knowledge on many things. He's the plan guy, he's the leader, and he thinks he's the most brilliant mind in the universe. But is knowledge is only skin deep. Ravenclaw wisdom runs pretty deep through the house members and goes beyond a few facts and confusing rants. It's experience and knowing exactly how to handle situations, not just being the go to guy for a plan. Not to mention when he's talking to Westley, the latter actually calls him out on stalling and trying to get him to reveal something. A very sneaky move. I'd almost call it cunning. If that's not enough for you, look at how he eventually thinks he wins. He pulls the old 'look over there! What the heck is that?!' trick, and though it's not very cunning, it's not even a desperate move. It's something he wants to entertain him. I feel like a Slytherin would want to see their opponent sweat a little when they figure out they'd been fooled. A Ravenclaw would feel smug just knowing they figured it out. Vizzini bosses his teammates around and has them do the dirty work until it is absolutely necessary for him to get involved (much like with out other Slytherin, Prince Humperdink) and he's awfully confident in their abilities. Vizzini fits more into the house of the cunning, than into the house of the wise.

Count Rugen: I was already to call him a Slytherin and move on, when the Scene for The Pit of Despair happened. Rugen legitimately devotes his life to the study of pain. He's got and underground secret base meant specifically for those experiments, and he is the official brains and method behind what Humperdink wants done. I know I just established the whole, wisdom is beyond a thirst for knowledge thing with Vizzini, but hear me out. He's a behind the scenes guy, and he doesn't want any recognition. He's got the patients and temperament of a Ravenclaw. He's willing to slowly work his way up, and he's pleasant to people that he's not torturing or murdering or being killed by. He was challenged to a duel by an eleven year old, took it to teach him a lesson, and then continued to fight him 20 years later. He doesn't loose his temper often; his patients is actually through the roof. He definitely would've been an Eagle.

Westley: Okay. We're finally to the hardest one for me. I could not decide where to put him. He goes anywhere and everywhere. He's brave, he's cunning, he's wise...he's divergent. Seriously though, quite honestly I think he'd be a hat stall. I finally picked though, and I think it makes sense. It does to me anyway. Hufflepuff. Nothing was as important as Buttercup to him. He wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty or work extremely hard or do whatever it took for the one he loved. His main characteristic is exactly that. He does have a lot of Slytherin attributes as well, so would probably be my second choice, because of the same reasons he's in Hufflepuff to me. His willingness to do anything to get what he wants, but his undying loyalty and love for Buttercup I think is what lands him a place in the house of Hufflepuff.

Anyway, I just kinda think that's what they're like. Different opinion? Leave it in a comment along with your reasoning. I'd love to hear what you guys think! Until then;

 I'd love to hear what you guys think! Until then;