新月: Chapter 05- Adrift the Motionless Clouds

        Azami shifted her gaze from left to right and watched as the customers walked by to get to their desired seats. The red head left her alone in the café after paying for their orders. He didn’t even tell her any words of goodbye after he walked off. However, he did leave her something that seemed to be important.

        When a tall male copperhead entered the café, she quickly raised her hand to wave her hand. He glanced at her direction and silently walked to her.

“Ready to go?”

“Yep~ How about Mom?”

“She already went off since you took so long here.”

        She stood up and latched her arm on her brother’s. He glanced at her and raised a questioning brow but didn’t say anything about it. They walked out of the café with the maids thanking them for their stay. Her brother ignored most of them and kept his gaze on the street. He looked tired and bored.

“It feels like we’re going to a date~” she sang cheerfully and latched closer to his brother.

“That doesn’t bother me but may I remind you that I’m your brother…”

“Of course, Aniki~ we’ll just act like this so I wouldn’t get any guy’s attention~”

        His lips curled to a predator’s smirk, ready to bite any prey nearby. “Well they can try me…”

“Seriously, Aniki, you’re so sweet~”

“Jokes aside, what did you talk about with Akashi? Did he threaten you again or something?”

Her cheerful expression immediately darkened as she turned away from him. She dipped her hand on her pocket and clutched something inside. “Well… he’s intimidating me but he didn’t threaten me or anything. In fact he offered to help me once I get into trouble. He said that there would be plenty of troubles soon…”

[~]

Kiyoshi didn’t disagree with what Akashi told her about the future troubles that she might cross. Recently, he was the one keeping out the other delinquents from rushing to the hospital to make a scene. He didn’t know how his sister managed to be an all time messed up delinquent herself to attract that much of an attention.

Due to her current condition, it didn’t look like she was capable to fight anyone yet. She looked more of an innocent bystander who can’t even react faster in a situation. She looked like she needed someone to make her settle just one bit, too. She’s seriously jumpy ever since she was able to make use of her muscles already.

“Ne, Aniki… why would I be in trouble?”

“H-Huh? D-Dunno… he might have been exaggerating it.”

“But it sounds serious. Akashi-kun wouldn’t give me an email address and a contact number, wouldn’t he? He wouldn’t give me an add...”

“That’s the help that he gave you?!”

“Yeah. Is there something wrong?”

“It’s wrong in many ways than one! Don’t tell me that you’re not even suspicious!”

“But he told me that I could trust him…”

Where did all this naivety came from? Kiyoshi face palmed and breathed hard in exasperation. He never knew how losing most of her memories could affect her that much. He couln’t help but feel suspicion towards Akashi’s helping hand though. After all, the redhead caused an uproar on his very first visit. That in itself cannot make the redhead trusty than usual.