chapter;one

I was already up at 6:00 getting my documents ready and getting my makeup done by my makeup artists, ''tilt your head Madame''. Every day for me was hard work, my parents would always say a person who is early is a person who is efficient and makes good money. I'm from a rich family and I'm the only child.

My life revolves around my parent's legacy, they have had this company for over 50 years and I soon will be responsible for this whole place, so I have to prove myself.

I was done getting prepped and then soon left my apartment my chauffeur took me to the one and only place which was my biggest priority and why I was born, the hospital. I finally sat down at my office when I heard a knock that sounded rather loud, I allowed the person to enter when I saw my father coming in with a person I'd never seen... I'm not going to lie... He looked pretty damn hot! He had the deepest brown eyes with strongly built broad shoulders and the most soft voluminous hair that was slightly slicked back; he was looking around and then caught me staring at him, like a fool I quickly turned around to look at my father, ''did you hear what I said si yeon?'' He said frowning a little, ''umm yes, urmm... actually could you repeat that?'' I replied sheepishly looking down at the floor. ''I said this is Ji chang wook, he will be your new partner, he has plenty of degrees and is qualified to accompany you'', I was pretty shocked as we've been trying to find me a good enough partner since I was qualified to be a surgeon. ''Well that's alright... right?'' my farther said looking quite concerned as I looked blankly at him, ''yes, yes thank you father'' I said standing up from my chair and patting my dress down from any creases. ''Well I'll be gone then, have a good time and get to know each other'' my father said with a smile and left without a sound, after that it was pretty awkward.

''well hello, your father already introduced me, what's your name'' he said with a smirk placing his hand in front of me to shake. I instantly knew he was probably a Korean foreigner as we don't really shake hands but I just shook his hand anyway. ''My name is Park Si Yeon'' I said firmly looking into his shining eyes. ''And you can work here, this will be your desk'' We had a brief discussion of how he will help me around the building, he then settled in and started filing some documents I gave him. He was quiet good, all my past partners weren't that good and needed a lot of guidance but he seemed experienced. After some time he we both ended up full immersed in our work.

Suddenly someone came rushing in ''HALUMOUS, HALUMOUS!!''. I was shocked as the last patient in really bad condition was about 3 months ago and this was pretty rare. I started rushing and gathering all my equipment and rushing out when I forgot about my new partner and had to sprint back. He looked shocked and his eyes widened, ''FOLLOW ME!'' I screamed. he came rushing and behind me when on the way he stared asking me questions ''what the hell does halumous mean?'' he asked furrowing his eyebrows out of confusion, I struggled to speak due to my fast paced running but I finally spoke ''its...basically... when there... is a really...badly injured...patient'' I struggled to spit out, panting in between every word. ''Ohh'' he said still looking confused I ignored his confused reaction and came running into the operating theatre were I saw a mother outside crying and calling for help for her badly injured child, instantly I felt extreme sorrow and began working hard.

Sweat was dripping off my forehead, it would only be a matter of minutes before she'd be dead if I didn't keep my pace up, I was shaking all over and didn't think I'd be able to help when suddenly someone gently grabbed my hand and gently shifted me away and started carrying on from where I was, it was him. Ji chang wook was operating, this wasn't even allowed but he seemed to be doing a good job, and the patient's heart rate started working at a normal rate. Finally it was over and we rushed to tell the family about the child's state and I was glad to see their faces settle at ease. I don't know but operating on a child was the one of the things which shook me the most.

Me and ji chang wook were walking up to our office after cleaning ourselves up when I kept on thinking about what happened. He is really hard working and DAMN did he look hot when he was getting his work done and giving out orders! Hold on... am I falling for him? No, no it can't be, he looks way too innocent for me hmmm. As I was deep in denial and thought, a voice called out, ''haha you looked so fragile I had to help you before you fainted'' he said with a cheeky laugh. Ugh, I knew it was too good to be true another jerk, ''no way'' I scoffed, ''I've most definitely done way more surgeries you have ever done in your life'' I smugly said smiling proudly at my smart reply he couldn't defeat, "I'll give that to you" he said with an annoyingly beautiful smile.

We finally reached our office and started doing our work, the silence stayed in the room for ages until he broke it, "how would you like me to treat you to dinner?" He said with a overly confident glance. The curiosity in me wanted to say yes but... NOO he is way too arrogant!! I started arguing by myself when he said "brilliant let's go after work, I knew you couldn't resist my beautiful looks" he said smiling and looking at the ceiling.
DID HE SERIOUSLY ASK ME OUT ON A DATE?? Aish! This idiot, he thinks this is a game...

Authors notes:
Hey guys!! I probably won't have much view or votes on this but to those reading tysm! The chapters will soon get interesting I promise, the intro is always the hardest for me especially to make interesting, but when I soon get into the book I promise good quality chapters that will send shivers all over your body (In a good way) 😂 THANKS FOR READING