chapter ; six

Si yeon POV:

He leaned in closer, was this really going to be a kiss... A drop of rain fell onto my nose sending shivers all over my body, seconds later the rain fell heavily. Ugh God really didn't want me to have this kiss... was this a sign? ''Come here'' he said, taking off his coat and putting it over both of our heads whilst trying to find shelter. We stood outside of a closed shops canopy patiently waiting for the rain to calm down. I still was curious, would that have been a kiss? He looked even more handsome with rain pouring down his face, tracing down his perfectly sculpted face whilst he was looking into the distance. ''Nice way to end a perfect day eh?'' he said smiling looking down towards me, we held eye contact for a while when he came close to me and leaned in...And kissed me! It was magical, he pulled me in for a tight hug which lasted forever, I never wanted it to end.

The rain stopped after that and he dropped me off to my house with a smile. I felt my stomach flutter, wow he's really got me lured in his playboy game. Well tomorrow is going to be interesting...

Ji wook POV:

Wow... Yesterday was perfect we had many moments and I'm sure she's dwelling on them till now aha, I'm trying hard to be a player but it may be too hard with this one... there is something about her...

I woke up early for another day of hard work even though I was dreading it slightly, I got ready and hopped into my car when the engine started to die slowly ''just my luck! This always happens to me, ugh!'' i said quietly to myself. How was i going to get to work?  I soon plucked up the courage to use the local train, it was so nasty and gave me flashbacks before I worked my butt off to get a car. I finally reached my destination when I saw a familiar face on the train but chose to ignore it.

I entered the office confidently, She's the one that's fallen for me, I haven't fallen for her, i reassured myself purely because of pride. As soon as I walked in I could feel the awkward air and it turned even more awkward when I saw her father. ''Why hello Mr Ji Chang Wook, we were just talking about you'' my heart sunk deep into the pit of my stomach, does her father know about the kiss? This could be bad... ''My sweet Si yeon told me that you're a great partner, you know it was hard finding a good suited partner for her aha'' he said smiling ''Aha morning Sir, and yeah me and Si yeon are getting on pretty well'' I said unintentionally sounding quiet arrogant. ''Well would you like to come over for dinner tonight? The chauffeur will pick you and Si yeon after your shifts, what do you say?'' I turned to look at Si yeon, she looked uncomfortable like she didn't want me to come, ''uhm sir I would but I'm quiet busy'' I replied hurriedly, ''nonsense, I'll see you straight after work'' he said without further questions and left the office. Well now I was forced to go, I purposefully wanted to dismiss the offer as it would be awkward and I hate awkwardness...

The room was pin drop silent after that door was shut, Si yeon was typing on her laptop and looked like she really wanted to avoid me.

Time flew fast and as soon as I knew it was the end of our shift, we held small talk the whole day and it seemed pretty awkward, that kiss really ruined a whole lot of things for me. We came out of the office after our shift and the chauffeur was there waiting for us. We both got in and then there was a long silence. ''Whats with you today?'' I questioned slightly frustrated, ''Nothing, why would something be wrong?'' she replied avoiding eye contact. ''Come on don't act like we haven't been speaking the whole day...'' I said without a filter, ''Well yesterday was pretty big for me I guess..'' she said silently, ''what do you mean?'' I questioned, ''Well that was my first kiss and I imagine that wasn't your first with your looks'' she said smiling ''Aha I'm not the player you think I am'' I said definitely lying, ''really?'' she replied sarcastically.

''You are at your destination now madame and sir'' the chauffeur said interrupting the awkward conversation. We got out and made our way to the entrance of her grand house. The house was bigger than anything I had ever seen. The gates were so large it could have been the gates to heaven every inch of the house was lined with the most blinding elegant gold and the door had regal proud colours spread across every inch of it. The whole mansion had royalty labelled all over it. 

She led the way into the mansion when we saw her father at the door and greeted him ''well this is quiet the house isn't it'' I exclaimed, ''well go big or go home right'' he bragged with a large smile printed on his face, ''Okay father enough bragging lets go'' Si Yeon laughed.  In the distance I saw her mother, she looked so young for her age and dressed in the most fine clothes equivalent to the cost of the house ''well this is the man that my husband keeps talking about, quiet the charmer you are'' she said with a friendly smile. We all settled in and got ready for the dinner. The table was so long and filled with the most luxurious of foods, everything looked so expensive I questioned if they were even edible. 

We sat down and Mr Kim broke the silence ''Well Mr ji wook, tell me about yourself, whats your background?'' he said smiling in a friendly manner, ''oh its nothing special'' I shook off, ''no I insist'' he pushed on. ''Well...'' I forced out, ''I'm an orphan and pretty much made it here on my own, what is it the West say, ah, 'American Dream''' I said trying to diffuse the awkward tension, there was a long silence and Mr and Mrs Kim exchanged concerned looks heightening the tension that was already present ''Oh I'm sorry if I touched on a sensitive topic, but you should be very proud. Making it this far, especially on your own is very challenging" he said almost sincerely. I looked over and could see Mrs Kim looking shocked as if a thief shamelessly walked into her home, she spoke and said ''So... where do you live?'' instantly losing interest in me. ''Well I have a humble apartment I live in...'' her face looked disappointed as if i'd said something wrong, suddenly Mrs Kim left and excused herself followed by Mr kim. ''I'm sorry about my mother, she's not used to meeting people without empires and stacks of money'' Si yeon said, ''Oh'' Si yeon got up and signalled me to walk over with her. We left the house and walked around the neighbourhood. ''Si yeon how come when I drop you off at 'your' house I've never seen this?'' I asked curiously, ''well I don't like showing people were I live as they tend to over react and use me. ''Aha if you'd shown me this sooner i'd be tempted'' I joked laughing hard, she pushed me and laughed ''pabo!''

Si yeon POV:

Well he doesn't seem that bad I guess he really is genuine. He soon left and went home and I walked back to my parents house. As I walked past my fathers office I overheard my parents talking ''wow I thought he'd at least live decently'' my mother scoffed ''well he is a hard worker, I'll tell you that much'' he replied defensively, ''yah, times running out for our Si yeon! We need to find someone for her before she gets expired, you know how men think'' my mother said in despair, ''honey, don't worry about Si yeon when the time comes, love will find her, she's still young and has just started independence, don't rush her into these things'' my father said. My mother was leaving the office and I dashed just in time before she caught me.

Really... they want me to get married and they were thinking about ji wook?? And even if it were to happen my mother wouldn't accept it... Am I getting 'expired'? My parents mindset is really starting to get me angry...