Chapter Four:

A full week went by and Arian was slowly becoming closer with Amos.

Amos still carried on like the world was devoted to him but nonetheless they grew closer.

"Arian! Have tea and cookies with me!" Amos demanded as he walked into Arian's room one day.

Amos's face flushed a bright red at the sight. Arian didn't have a shirt on. Only his slacks. He had just gotten out of the bath and was drying off his hair, water slid down his toned chest in droplets.

"Oh, Amos, I'll be there." Arian wasn't embarrassed, how could he? It was his new fiancé after all.

Amos blushed. "I... Uh... Yeah..! C-Courtyard!" He stuttered before hastily leaving the room. Why am I feeling like this?! He wondered.

Arian watched Amos stutter over his words and quickly leave the room. He almost thought the scene was cute. Almost. Okay, it was cute.

He smiled softly before finishing up with his towel and put on a shirt. He combed his hair and walked down the red staircase and to the courtyard.

There he saw Amos, dressed in pink and purple with his magenta boots. Amos looked up and immediately looked down again. Is he embarrassed? Arian wondered with a small laugh.

"Ah, the cups are as beautiful as ever." Arian commented as he took a seat after a bow.

Amos nodded, silently, he sipped his honey tea.

"Are you okay?"

Another nod.

"Are you embarrassed because you saw me shirtless?"

Amos made a less than manly noise. It was a squeak. He shyly looked away. "I've never seen anyone shirtless besides my brother..." He said softly.

This was a surprise. Not the shirtless thing, but Amos being shy. Arian found it extremely appealing.

Amos bit into a chocolate chip cookie and gazed back into Arian's eyes. They continued to stare into each other's eyes, but Amos looked away. "Do you want to marry me?" He asked out.

Arian blinked. "Do I? Well..." He leaned against the chair. "I mean, you wouldn't be my first choice. I'd rather marry a princess in all honesty." He answered.

Amos stared at his lap, his heart pounded in his ears and he felt his eyes burning. "I see.... I'm glad you've.... You opened up to me..." He whispered. He suddenly stood, "I'm going to my room. Thanks for joining." He quickly rushed away from the table and into the castle.