Chapter Four

"EHH ANOTHER ME!" The present Luffy yells.

"Calm down!" Quo yells back.

"But-" Luffy started.

"Lu, he's going to explain now." Ace said, trying to calm his brother down.

"Oh, okay."

Quo just shook his head sighing.

Once everyone was somewhat calmed, Quo started with the explanation.

___________________________

"I don't understand..." the present Luffy looked at Quo with a confused gaze.

Quo sighed. "Basically, your going to become stronger, with more knowledge, but it'll be painful."

"Oh! So it's a mystery!" Luffy said, punching his hand into his palm.

"Er yeah, a mystery..." He said rather dryly. "Anyways we are going to start now, okay?"

The future Luffy nodded, while the present was still not getting the full picture.

"Oh right. Get some chains and tie him down. Tightly." Quo looked at everyone with a serious gaze.

"WHAT WHY?!" Ace yelled.

"He's going to go through a lot of pain, I don't want him to hurt himself anymore. And it's not like we can use pain killers."

Ace shut up, but he balled his fists, not liking the idea.

___________________________

"Okay, I'd say the first ten minutes will be the most painful... so prepare yourself." Quo had sat down on a chair, closing his eyes, already getting to work.

Currently only Ace, Law, the two Luffy's and Quo were inside. Everyone else was outside. They decided it was best not to have any potential outbursts. However, they couldn't get Ace to leave, not that they even tried.

The future Luffy nodded, he stayed oddly quiet the whole time. Not even seconds later, his body started to fade, and the present Luffy immediately started to scream. From all the pain he didn't endure this time.

"Luffy!" Ace yelled for his brother, holding his brother's chained down hand. And Luffy started dig his nails into his brother, so hard that it started to bleed. Ace winced, but refused to let go.

"GAAGHHHHH!" He continued to scream.

After only ten minutes a wound started to appear, and the room smelt like burned rubber, it was clear that the pain wasn't ending soon.

Then he suddenly stopped screaming, but only for a second. And he started screaming again, but this time it wasn't because of a physical wound, but a mental one.

"Luffy!" Ace continued to yell for his brother, he didn't like seeing his brother in so much pain.

"There's nothing you can do Ace. He's reliving your death, and the outside world is currently blocked off." Quo looked at the older brother, his eyes were sad. He didn't like seeing his captain in so much pain.

Ace clenched his fists in anger. He felt so useless, he couldn't help his brother when he needed him...

So he continued to hold his hand, ignoring the pain.

__________________________

After 3 hours of screaming Luffy had finally stopped.