Prologue

Hey! I just wanted to thank you for pressing the read button. This is my first book on wattpad so please bear with me. It might be a bit slow as I have important exams all of this year, but I'm determined to complete it! 

well here goes nothing I guess. I really hope you like it! oh and the picture on the side is what I imagine the meadow to look like x

Liam's POV

14 years old
I was scampering around the outskirts of my territory when I heard the noise. Father had told me to let my wolf explore the land as one day I, Liam Reynolds, of the Silver Crescent pack, would be alpha. 

Over the steady sound of a nearby stream, and the constance of chirping birds, I heard whimpering. I thought about mind linking for help, but I'd heard the story of the boy who cried wolf too many times, mind the pun.  I followed the noise into a clearing of trees, it was a meadow, and a beautiful meadow at that. Tall evergreens surrounded it, in an almost perfect circle. Wildflowers covered almost every inch of it, and to the far left was a small stream, but that's not what caught my attention. What caught my attention was the small, so pale white it was almost translucent- furred she-wolf. She was on the ground, in the fetal position, whimpering quietly. I probably wouldn't have been able to hear her had I not had the enhanced senses of a werewolf. She caught sight of me, and growled. Honestly, it was the cutest sound i'd ever heard. It didn't warn me away in the slightest. I scampered behind a thick trunked tree and shifted, changing into the shorts i'd carried in my mouth. I slowly walked back over to her, keeping my hands up in the universal 'I mean you no harm' gesture.

"shift" I said to her quietly. Her response was a growl. "shift please?" I asked, taking a different approach. She looked startled for a moment, but slowly got on al fours, and walked to a tree, limping slightly. Once she shifted and changed into the dress that had been near her, she walked out. When I caught sight of her, I gasped. She was beautiful. A young girl, around my age. Long, dark brown hair, perfectly tanned skin and bright green eyes that held fear and innocence, but she was scarred. Bruises stained her bare arms, legs and face. The sight nearly brought tears to my eyes. She limped towards me cautiously, seeming apprehensive over whether or not I would attack. 

"I wont hurt you," I said. "what's your name?" she didn't reply. "i"m Liam," I said, extending my hand for her to shake. She leaned in and grasped my hand. I gasped as a tingly, toe curling sweet sensation flooded through my body. 

"I'm Maria.." her shy voice soft, barely a whisper. 

"How old are you Maria?" 

"thirteen." 

"Well you're really pretty, and thats a lot coming from a fourteen year old" I complemented.

"thank you." she replied, her cheeks turning an adorable shade of pink.

"Why are you crying Maria?" I asked, concern weaving it's way into my voice

"Because I'm hurting" she said simply, looking at the ground 

I gently took her hand in mine, and sat us on the ground "what happened to you princess?"

"I was just trying to be the alpha's daughter I'm supposed to be" she sniffled. "a boy from my pack challenged me, we fought, but he won. When I told Angelica, she laughed at me and called me a failure" a new round of tears started gushing from her eyes. 

I hugged her, bringing her head to my shoulder, rocking her back and forth as she silently cried. It felt so natural to comfort her, yet I didn't even know her. "I understand princess," I told her. 

"My dad is an alpha too. There is a lot of pressure on us to be flawless. It's surreal how perfect they expect us to be." 

She sniffed and wiped her eyes "What pack are you from Liam?" 

"Silver Crescent" I stated, proudly.

She gasped and reared back, fear clouding her eyes "I-I-I need t-to go!" She sprang up, about to run away when I interrupted her.

"Wait!" I called. She stopped momentarily, curious to hear what I had to say. "I can teach you how to fight if you want. I'm very good, my father trains me himself..." 

She was silent for a moment, pondering, when she said "we shouldn't Liam. My father is the alpha of the Blood Moon pack. Our families aren't exactly on good terms. If my father knew I was here right now with you, lord knows what he would do!" 

I knew she was right, her words held reason, but for some reason I didn't want her to leave. My wolf was drawn to her, he wanted to be with her, for her to trust and confide in. Against my better judgement, and with a lot of persuasion from my wolf, i said "they don't have to know. This is unclaimed territory, we can both be here... Think of how amazing it would be to be stronger, better, faster then your pack members. To be the Luna your father dreams you will be... Plus, After the summer I'll be starting high school and we will probably never see each other again, it can be our little secret, no one ever having to know. Besides, any moment our fathers could become friends again, you know they once were" 

Resolve crossed her features. She had a new gleam of determination in her eyes "Yes" she said, her voice confident "I would very much like that" 

"Good" I said, my wolf jumping up and down for joy "I'll meet you here tomorrow morning, don't tell anyone where you're going."  Not being able to help myself, I sauntered over to her and gave her a peck on the lips, then walked behind a tree, shifted, and ran back towards my territory. Leaving her stunned, fingers lightly grazing her lips. What was up with me? I'd never felt this way about a girl, especially not on the first day I met her... I guess I had the whole summer to get to know her though, this would sure be interesting...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And it went on; every day for the entire summer, Liam and Maria met in the morning and trained. For the first hour they ran, then for the next four they fought . When they were both completely exhausted, they  would lay under the shade of a tree and relax. Sometimes they would steal a few innocent kisses, but usually they would just talk until their throats were raspy and dry. They would talk until the sun went down, and their parents wanted them home for dinner, then they would part. Missing one another until the next day. True to their word, on the last day of summer, just before sunset, they said goodbye, wishing one another good luck with their lives ahead. They made a promise that if ever they saw each other again in the future, and one didn't recognize the other, they would speak about the best summer of their lives so far, the summer they spent in the hidden clearing next to the stream. The summer of their first love in the wolf's meadow. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

happy reading!  <3 <3 

How To Pi*s Off The Alphaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें