Chapter 1

"Kathy! I need your help!" Jane shouted, running towards me with her tablet. The two of us were in charge of the decorations for the Royal Cotillion, but we needed Mal's stamp of approval, which she hadn't given us. "Let me guess, Mal still hasn't replied to our questions?" I asked her. Ever since Ben's coronation, Jane and I had become great friends, just like me and Lonnie. "You're right. Mom has been calling me all morning and Mal hasn't replied to either my texts OR calls." Jane explained, showing me her phone. "Then we need to find Mal." I said grabbing my own tablet. "Lonnie! Come along!" Jane shouted as we walked out of the busy classroom we were given for the organization.

The three of us walked around the castle looking for either Mal or Ben. I saw Hiccup and James sitting at a picnic table. "OhmyGod! There is he! Hide me!" Jane yelled, jumping behind my back. "Who is 'he'?" Lonnie wondered. "Hiccup, of course!" Jane hissed. "Why hide fro...ohhh..." I mumbled as realisation hit me. "Someone's got a crush!" Lonnie and I sang. "Shut it! He might hear you!" Jane told us. "Relax, I'm not telling him. Besides, we still have to find Mal." I reassured Godmother's daughter.

"There she is!" Lonnie exclaimed, pointing at my four friends. We walked towards them as I opened the file about decorations. "Mal!" Jane said. I was stopped by Carlos. "Hey Kath." he said, looking at me. He grew his hair and it wasn't curly anymore. He was also a lot taller than me now. Carlos de Vil had become pretty handsome... "Hi." I smiled. "I was wondering...uh..." Carlos froze. I looked as Jane, who shrugged. "...if you liked the...carrot cake? Last night?" he finally asked. "I actually had the apple pie." I replied, smiling at him. "Oh, uhm...cool." Carlos stammered as Jay pulled him away.

I glanced at him weirdly before shrugging. "I have an opening for fitting at three, who wants?" Evie wondered, putting down her bag. "ME!" Lonnie exclaimed. I looked at her weirdly. "Sorry." she apologised to me and Jane. "Don't apologise to me, I didn't order a dress." I said. "Perfect! I'll take you later." Evie told Jane. "I'll be there to help you at four." I told the blue-haired girl. "Sounds great." she answered, taking Lonnie with her.

You see, Evie is sewing every princess in Auradon a hand-made dress, but it takes a lot of time. That's why I stop by twice a week, to help her with the sewing. I'm not a great sewer, but with my magic it's a lot easier and faster to neatly sew the major parts so that Evie has more time to work on the details.

"Mal." Jane began. "Yes?" she questioned. "We hate to keep so on you, but the decorating team needs more answers. So as much as I hate to...um...you know...um..." Jane stammered. "Bug me?" Mal tried. "Right." Jane answered. "Yeah, Jane, Kath, I would love to, I just have to get to class." Mal excused herself. "Not if you don't feel like it." I quickly said, really needing those answers. I handed Jane my tablet and she began to swipe, showing Mal some pictures. She began a rant which I couldn't understand a single word from, because she was talking so fast. Mal tried to calm her down, but Jane just kept rambling. Mal then sort of lost it and her eyes turned bright green, making Jane go quiet.

"Are you okay, Mal? We can do this another time if you'd rather." I questioned, taking the tablet from Jane. "No, it's fine. You're right, I have been putting it off. You know what, I say pen toppers." the almost lady smiled. "Yeah?" Jane wondered. "Yeah." Mal confirmed. "Trust me, You won't regret it." I told her, typing it down.

Lonnie and Evie came back, standing beside us. "I can hardly wait to see what your wedding will look like." Lonnie exclaimed, smiling broadly. "Me too- Wait, what?!" Mal asked in shock. "Well, the Cotillion is basically getting engaged." I told her in an obvious tone. Evie let out a dreamy sight. "I knew it!" she stated. "Everyone knows it." Lonnie told Mal. She stared at us completely terrified. "I didn't know it! I...how can it be that nobody told me that? Is my entire life just planned out in front of me?" she freaked. Ben walked up to her, placing a comforting arm around her shoulder. "Hi, Ben." Lonnie, Evie, Jane and I said in a dreamy voice. Ben leaned in to kiss Mal, but I pulled him away.

"Real quick." I said, opening another file on my tablet. "Okay, so, we're almost finished with Mal's surprise on her big night." I whispered, pulling him away. "Snow White, Belle..." As Jane was speaking, I flipped through the photos. "But the one you designed for Mal is my favourite!" she stated as I zoomed in on Mal's face. "Make sure her eyes are green." Ben instructed us. I handed my tablet to Jane and took out some green swatches as Ben said goodbye to Mal. "What green should we use?" I asked, handing him the swatches. He looked through them and stopped at the brightest green and stared at it for a while. "This one." he stated. "Told you so..." I said to Jane in a sing-song voice. "Yeah, alright. So if you need us, we'll be in the organization room." Jane said, pulling me with her.

The two of us walked through the halls, exhausted. "I need a break." I breathed out as we entered the classroom. "Me too...hey, you wanna come to Amphitheatre?" Jane asked, grabbing her bag. "You know I have to be at Evie's by four." I wondered. "Yeah, I do. Amphitheatre ends at a quarter to four." she smiled, throwing me my bag. "Now, let's get going. Tamara! Can you manage without us?" I asked Tiana's daughter. "All under control, Kathy." she replied. "Great! Now all I have to do is change into my cheerleader uniform..." Jane mumbled, taking the dress out of her bag. I smiled and waved my hand, silver sparkles surrounding her. When the sparkles faded, Jane was wearing the cheerleading outfit and her hair was in a neat ponytail. "Thanks Kathy." she laughed. "Not a bother." I replied, handing her her normal clothes, which were neatly folded. She put them in her bag and we walked towards the Amphitheatre.

On our way there, we bumped into Lonnie, who was wearing an Amphitheatre uniform. "Today's the day, huh?" I asked her. "Are you sure you don't want to join me?" she questioned. "Positive. They're one man short and that's gonna be you. I get all the training I need with Maere." I smiled. "Wait, what's going on?" Jane asked confused. "Lonnie's trying out for the empty spot on the team." I explained, slinging an arm around Mulan's daughter. "Well, good luck then! Kath, if we want balcony seats, we should get going." Jane smiled, pulling me with her. "Isn't that for cheerleaders only?" I questioned. "I'll get you in. I'm the headmistress's daughter." she said. "Bye Lonnie! See you out there!" I yelled as Jane pulled me along.