Chapter 11

I opened the bathroom door and saw Jay waiting for me. "Jay...what are you doing here?" I wondered. "I am here to pick up high princess Katherina the Brave, daughter of high king Peter the Magnificent, Consulter of the Bright Northern Skies, lady of Cair Paravel and Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Lion." he stated, bowing slightly. Maere snorted, knowing how much I hate my title. "First of all, never do that again. Secondly, why are you here?" I repeated. "Carlos was too scared to pick you up here, so I'm here to make sure you get to your prince Charming safely." Jay smiled. "Don't you have a date of your own to pick up?" Maere wondered.

Then, Lonnie stepped into sight. "Lonnie...you look amazing." I breathed out, walking towards Mulan's daughter. I hugged her tightly. "Not as amazing as you do. Carlos must be the luckiest guy on earth." she reassured me, squeezing my shoulders. "Uhm...I think you should go." Maere coughed awkwardly. "You're right. I guess James is picking you up in a minute or two?" I wondered. "Yeah...see you at Cotillion." she waved, basically pushing me out of the room. "Wait!" I yelled, walking towards my closet. I took out a red clutch and put my phone and keys in it.

"Now we can go

"Now we can go." I told Jay and Lonnie. They laughed and each took my arm. "Let's get ourselves to Cotillion." Jay smiled as we walked through the hall.

We arrived at the boat and I saw tons of photographers and journalists. "Where's Carlos?" I asked Jay. "Just behind the paparazzi." Lonnie informed me. I stared at the crowd and spotted a certain boy with white hair. "Let's do this..." I mumbled, walking onto the blue carpet.

Immediately, cameras began to flash and journalists bombarded me with questions. "Katherina! Who designed your gown?" a man shouted. "It's designed by none other than Evie." I smiled, while posing. "Who made that tiara? Is that Evie's creation too?" another man asked. "Uhm, no. It's made by the amazing designer, Dizzy of the isle. Dizzy, if you're watching this, you're a very talented young woman and I hope I have the pleasure of meeting you someday." I said into a camera. "What about that ring?" a woman in the front asked. "Did Dizzy design that too?" she added. "I'm afraid not. It's a gift." I smiled at her. "Who gave it to you?" another wondered. "I did." Carlos spoke up from behind me.

He took my hand and guided me away from the press. "Thanks. I don't think I could've managed any longer." I breathed out. "You look beautiful." Carlos said, staring at me. I looked him in the eye and smiled. "Not so bad yourself, mister de Vil." I said, fixing his hair. He laughed and took my hand. "Let's go." he whispered as we walked towards the main deck. We looked around, seeing that everyone was having a great time.

"Katherina, dear! You look gorgeous. Now, Jane has a date, so I need your help." Fairy Godmother exclaimed, brushing some hair from my face. "Uhm...actually, Fairy Godmother, I have a date too." I told her. She gasped in joy. "You too? Really!" she smiled, looking around with a smile. "Do you have a date too?" she asked Carlos, completely oblivious. "Yeah." Carlos breathed out, looking at me. "Really?" Godmother exclaimed dreamily.

Seeing that she was not gonna get that Carlos and I were together, I decided to help her a bit. "Uhm...Fairy Godmother?" I wondered, holding out my hands to Carlos. He grabbed them without a doubt and we stared into each other's eyes. "...Bibbidi-Bobbidi!" Godmother yelled surprised. Carlos nudged his head towards the crowd. "After you." he smiled, running his thumb over my ring. I smiled and rushed into the dancing mass.

The music stopped and I walked towards Evie and Doug. "You look amazing." I whispered to her. "So do you." she answered, squeezing my hand reassuringly. I saw Lonnie and I made my way over to her. "You did a great job." Lonnie said, looking around her. "Thanks." I smiled as I felt someone grab my hand. I looked to my right side and saw Carlos, holding my hand carefully.

"The future lady Mal." Lumière announced. Mal walked out wearing a dress that resembled her. It had Auradon's colours, but it was made to look like it was from the isle. Evie began to clap as did I. Soon enough, all my friends were cheering and clapping, making Mal laugh. Prince Beast helped her down the stairs and she began a small conversation with him and princess Belle, before Evie stole her away. "Look, we're right here with you, okay?" Evie reassured her best friend. The heralds blew the trumpets once again and Lumière spoke up.

"King Benjamin!" he exclaimed. Ben walked down the stairs with his crown placed neatly on his head. Everyone began to clap and cheer again as Ben walked to the stairs. We all bowed gracefully and Ben walked down the stairs. Mal and Ben bowed to one another, the king looking troubled. "Mal...I wish I had time to explain." he told the purple-haired girl. I glanced at him confused as the spotlight turned on again.