Chapter 9

Soon enough we were back at Auradon. I got out of the car when Jane came running towards me. "Where have you been? It doesn't matter. I need your help with the decoration, food, cleaning and the napkins are still red." she freaked out, pointing at the things on her tablet. "And what are you wearing?" she added in a disgusted voice. "That's a long story...I'll see you guys later." I told the VKs, Ben and Lonnie. They waved at me and Jane walked with me to my dorm. "I need to show Ben the stained window real quick...um....meet me in the courtyard?" she proposed as I grabbed some clothes.

"That's fine

"That's fine. See you there." I smiled as she walked down the hall. I changed real quick and grabbed my bag with all the Cotillion stuff in it.

I ran down the stairs and met Jane in the courtyard

I ran down the stairs and met Jane in the courtyard. "Kathy! I have to go and check on the food real quick. Irene can call you any second." Jane explained to me. Just then, a lion's roar came from my phone. "That's...her." I stated with a small laugh. "I'm gonna check the food real quick. I'll be back in fifteen minutes." she smiled. "Got you." I said as I picked up and walked away.

"Hi there." I said to Rapunzel's daughter. "Kathy! Hey. Look, we found the right shade of blue for the banners and we now changed the entire colour scheme again." she said. I hummed in reply, marching through the courtyard on my way to fix the napkins. "Okay, say no more." I told her. All of the sudden, Carlos stopped me like a madman. "Kathy! Hey." he smiled. I tightened up a bit, because he sort of scared me. "Also, we added some desserts and some sauces..." Irene rambled.

"Would you go to Cotillion with me?" Carlos wondered. "Yeah, yeah sure, we're all taking a carriage. Are those dishes approved by Fairy Godmother?" I asked Irene. "No...I mean...with me." Carlos clarified. "Yeah, want me to swing by your room?" I asked him. "I just asked Susie, all green lights." Irene said. "What about lights? Did we figure something out for the left side of the boat?" I wondered. "Yeah, we have fairy lights on the right." my friend answered. "Nononono, left. Not right." I corrected her. Carlos muttered something. "Let me che-" I couldn't hear Irene anymore, because Carlos had taken the phone away from my ear.

"Kathy?" he began, looking me in the eye. "Would you...be my date...for Cotillion?" he asked me gently, making me freeze completely. "And..." Carlos chuckled slightly. "If you don't absolutely hate me by the end of it...uhm...would you...consider, maybe being more than friends? Maybe?" he stammered. I let out a breathy laugh, looking at the white-haired boy who stole my heart. "As in...boyfriend and girlfriend?" I questioned with a broad smile.