One

just an fyi, I saw the whole "colour blind until you touch your soulmate" concept on tumblr a while ago when I ACTUALLY used that app, just in case anybody was looking for inspiration for stories, there's lots of concepts on Tumblr!!

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

living in a world were everything is black and white until you touch your soulmate is really... bland.

y/n is surrounded by people who can finally see colour, people who finally found their soulmate, her best friend being one of them, but alas she could still only see an assortment of gray.

she had grown up hearing of all the beautiful colours, what they looked like, longing for the day she too would be able to see them, but until that day comes she was left listening to everyone speak about it and try their best to describe it to her.

most of the colours she'd learned of, she had to associate with a feeling.

she thinks the most horrifying thing about the whole soulmate scenario is the fact that when your soulmate dies, your world returns to black and white, so really, for all she knows?

her soulmate could be dead and because she'd never touched them she'll be left seeing the world in black and white for the rest of her life, but what was she supposed to do? go around touching everyone in hopes that someone in her area is her soulmate? they could be half way across the world for all she knows, although she hopes that isn't the case.

"hey (best friends name)?"

"yeah?"

it was silent for a fraction of a second, y/n knew her friend was probably sick of having to describe the colours for her, but she so badly wanted to see them, she wanted to see the brightness of the sun rather than just feel it on her skin, she wanted to bask in the warmth of a fire whilst being able to admire the range of orange it emits that had been described to her so many times before.

"can you tell me about the sky again?"

there was a light sigh from beside her, but her eyes never strayed from the sky.

"it's beautiful, y/n. the day you get to see it for yourself will be the best day of your life."

and so her friend went on, describing how the sky would start off a cerulean blue that reminded her of cotton candy (but y/n had never seen the colour of that either so it was a pointless description) and as the day went on it would dip into a mixture of pinks with a tinge of orange as the sun began to set, which, even though y/n couldn't see​ it, she knew it would  be her favourite.

she continued to say how after the sun set it would be a dark blue, sometimes almost black abyss that seemed to stretch for miles and accompanying the dark void would be a moon that comes in many shapes and stars as bright as diamonds.

it sounded truly mesmerising and it frustrated y/n that she couldn't picture it in her mind, no mater how many ways it was described to her because she'd never seen the colours.

she hoped that soon, she would be able to.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

word count; 512
published; august 22nd 2017