Five

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

the pair had settled on a hill near y/n's house, waiting for the sun to set so they could see how beautiful it really was.

"all I've ever been told about is the colours of the world, how mesmerising they are and how people couldn't wait for me to be able to see it for my self, but nobody ever told me how amazing it was to meet your soulmate."

he had said it so nonchalantly that she snapped her head from the sky to look at him.

"y/n, I know this probably isn't something you say to somebody you've just met, but I've been waiting to meet you since I was 5 and learnt what a soulmate was."

he paused for a moment, his gaze not once leaving hers.

"but, for what it's worth, I'm glad you pepper sprayed me in the eyes."

her smile widened slightly, she was trying her best to hold in her laughter, but she failed as a few giggles escaped her parted lips.

"I didn't think I'd ever hear anyone say that they're glad they got pepper sprayed."

he laughed too.

and that was it, it was such a serene moment, so pure and innocent.

just two people who happened to be soulmates, sitting on a hill together and laughing.

they were just enjoying one another's company, nothing had to be said, the silence spoke all the words they wanted to say as they lay, hand in hand, admiring the sunset, but sometimes each other when they thought the other wasn't looking.

they were both uncertain, they didn't know what to do, what does one do when they meet the person that's going to impact the rest of their life?

soulmates, huh?

they were both fine with that.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

word count; 300
published; august 22nd 2017