CHAPTER 12

"What?" The other asked as he came forward, sneering at her. Gem began to shake uncontrollably.

"Why it is you!" He stated dragging her up.

"Let me go!" Gem cried out.

"And why would I do that?" he snapped dragging her out of the room.

"What did she do nolan?"

"Rica, this is the lady that stabbed me," he said without even looking back.

"Are you seriously going with that story?" Rica asked and Nolan stopped abruptly, he turned around to face him and pointed a finger at him.

"Yes," he poked him in the chest, "I," he poked him again, "am." He said before turning around and tightening his hold on Gem's hand.

She cried out in pain and bit his hand.

"Ow! Ow!" He cried out releasing his hold off her and Gem took that opportunity and ran straight for the exits.

"I bet she bit you so hard you thought you were been stabbed," Rica laughed loudly as they both watched her go and shook their heads in amusement.

She would not get far in that clothing, it was nothing like theirs.

Gem ran forward, trying to escape them, trying to escape it all when she bumped into a soldier who smirked at her. It was obvious she was not one of them.

"Where are you going Missy?" He asked with a hint of laughter in his tone, "trying to escape?"

"Let me go," Gem begged, "please let me go, I'll do anything, anything!" She negotiated.

"No can't do, our king usually decides what happens to girls like you who think they can run away," he said and gripped her hands in his.

"Really nolan?" He asked as they both approached him.

"What?" He shrugged nonchalantly, "was I supposed to run after her when I knew you were here?" He asked before snatching her from his hands.

"You are so dead, especially for stabbing me, I wil-"

"Wait she's the one that stabbed you!?" He guffawed before turning to Rica, "is he serious?"

"Deadly serious," Rica said and they both burst into uncontrollable laughter.

"Laugh all you want," Nolan said waving his hands in the air. "I'll see the one who'll be laughing when she-oh crap," he paused, looking at a peaceful Gem who had collapsed on the floor with a loud thud.

"Can she hear us?" Rica asked as they all surrounded her. Gem could hear them but it all sounded so far away. She was trying so hard to stay awake but the bump on her head had done its damage.

"Ri-ri," she stated weakly before completely blacking out.

"Damn!" Rica cussed as he picked her up bridal style and headed straight for the seeing room where the King's grandmother stayed.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"What happened?" She asked as soon as Rica entered the seeing room with a young lady in his arms.

"She fainted," he said still standing, looking at her for instructions.

"Don't just stand there! Lay her down on the bed," she commanded going to fetch a jar of rockwood which would help her head.

"Send some of the maidens over so they can help me," she said.

"Yes ma," he bowed down before exiting the room.