Chapter 29: The night (part IV)

Jen's POV

He nodded and got out of the car. When we reached the door, I struggled with getting the key in the keyhole due to all the alcohol I had previously consumed, but I managed to succeed and unlock it eventually. I flicked on the light switch and Ava instantly came running to our direction. She was awake at 3am, great.

I kicked my shoes of and started to walk towards the couch when Colin spoke from behind me.

"I'll go bring the wine and water." he informed me and disappeared in the kitchen.

Ava went running right behind him. Of course she did. I went to sit on the couch and he came back with two glasses full of red wine. He handed me one of them and took a sip from the other before he sat besides me.

"I thought drinking only one glass would be enough for tonight, that's why I left the bottle in the kitchen." he explained.

I nodded in agreement and sipped my drink as well. I was tired and I felt the exhaustion slowly catching up with me, but the wine was too good to just pass it now. We sat there in silence for a long moment before he cleared his throat to draw my attention.

"So, who was the guy at the bar?" he casually asked.

My eyes widened in shock and I almost choked on my drink. I set my glass on the coffee table and turned to the side so I was facing him.

"I have no idea." I said, trying to play it cool.

I had no idea he had seen the "Michael" guy talking to me, so his question caught me completely off guard.

"Did he flirt with you?" he asked teasingly.

He had set his glass on the table too and had turned to the side so we were now face to face on the couch.

"Can we drop that subject, please?" I requested.

It came out more rude than I wanted it to, but at this point I was too drunk to care. He didn't seem to be offended by my tone, if anything, it triggered his curiosity.

"So, he did flirt with you." he stated with a nod of his head.

"I said no such thing." I defended.

I couldn't get what the big deal was, but maybe he was just tipsy and wanted to tease me. He always enjoyed teasing me anyway.

"I can read between the lines. Why didn't you flirt back though? What if he was the love of your life?" he asked dramatically.

Scratch tipsy. He was just as drunk as I was.

"Yeah, the love of my life would definitely be a 25 year old that I met in a bar. Makes perfect sense." I replied sarcastically.

He moved closer to me, but we still had some inches of distance between us.

"Are you implying that you don't date men who are younger than you? That is so unfair for like, half the guys out there." he said.

His eyes were boring into mine, but I didn't comment on his latest statement. I was starting to feel uncomfortable and I just wanted this to be over.

"Come on, you haven't been with anyone since, like, three years ago. You should at least give this guy a shot." he added with a raise of his eyebrow.

"Can we stop talking about my love life now, please?" I asked, a lot calmer than before.

Asking nicely didn't seem to work either, as the mischievous grin didn't leave his face. He moved even closer and I instinctively moved back, until I reached the armrest of the couch and couldn't go further.

"Why? Because there's nothing to talk about? You work too hard and don't let anyone..." he started, but I cut him off abruptly.

"Shut up." I bellowed.

I was startled by my own voice now, but once again he didn't flinch. He closed the little distance that was between us by putting his arms on either side of me, trapping me in place. I was not in the slightest intimidated by him and his current position, because he was my friend, my best friend for that matter and would never hurt me. I was just annoyed by his current attitude.

"Shut up." I repeated, but it came out more like a whisper and it sounded more like a plea.

He moved his face so close to mine that I could feel his breath tingling my cheek.

"Make me." he whispered with hooded eyes.

If I didn't know any better, I would have sworn his words were laced with lust and desire. But once this thought crossed my mind, I couldn't stop thinking about it. It was definitely the alcohol that made him act like that, but all I could think about was how much I wanted to feel his lips on mine at that moment. Before I realized what I was doing, my lips were pressed against his. What surprised me was that hee didn't flinch, he just moved his lips against mine.

I was kissing him, I was really kissing him, on my couch, in my living room. We were not in a filming studio, with people, lights and cameras around us. Instead, we were just the two of us in my house. And most importantly, he was kissing me back.

And then it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was kissing Colin, who had an argument with his wife just the day before. Who had a wife to begin with. Apart from being wasted, he was hurt and emotionally unstable, but what was my excuse for acting this way?

With the last sensible and alcohol-free bit of my mind I had left, I broke our lips apart. We were both breathing heavily and for a long moment neither of us moved a muscle. I screwed my eyes closed, because opening them would mean I would have to face reality. I would have to face the fact that, regardless of the circumstances, I had kissed a married man. I had kissed my best friend of all people and I had crossed a line that I thought I never would. Not with Colin, anyway.

He suddenly moved and brought me out of my thoughts. For a moment, I thought he was going to stand up. I feared he would leave, but I was utterly surprised to feel his lips trace my neck just a second later.

"Colin, you shouldn't..." I whispered with my eyes still closed.

My body was so stiff that it felt like my nerves were not responding anymore. He was leaving feather-like kisses from the base of my neck that reached up to the back of my ear. It felt too wrong and too good at the same time.

"Just say the word and I'll stop." he said in between kisses.

I knew where this was going to end up and I should have told him to stop, I should have shoved him off of me and run upstairs, but I couldn't find it in myself to do so. I was too drunk and it had been too long since I had been with anyone I deeply cared about. He knew too damn well what he was doing and he was doing it so well.

To hell with everything.

As the last sensible thought left my mind, I grabbed his face and pushed him back, only to connect my lips with his just a second later. Once again, he wasted no time to kiss me back and in no time we were both fighting for dominance. I was getting so lost in the heated kiss, that every sensible thought that was threatening to find its way back in my head, was instantly pushed to the back of it. I pushed his chest without breaking the kiss and he laid back on the couch dragging me down along with him. I was getting so worked up by one single kiss that I couldn't wait to strip him out of his clothes and just have him. I impatiently reached for the hem of his sweater, but he grabbed my hand and stopped me from doing so. I was dreading he had suddenly come to his right mind and was going to flee my house, but fortunately that was not the case.

"Not here." he mumbled against my lips.

A/N: Colifer pancakes coming your way in just a second.