Chapter 4

🄰🅄🅃🄷🄾🅁🅂 🄽🄾🅃🄴
I am literally changing all the chapters hehe, the previous plots for the chapters I had up and then changed are saved in drafts. I might put some use to them in the future chapters. Anyways, please enjoy!~

At the cafe

Hoseok practically ran to his seat at the table NamJoon had chosen for them after he ordered their drinks. The male who had stood behind him just chuckled and went forward and ordered his own. Now, you may think this man is probably one of the antagonists, but fortunately he isn't. He's the male that'd helped Hoseok the night of the incident that's kept him faking almost all of his usual sunshine smiles.

When NamJoon looked up to see his hyung already in his seat, he immediately set his phone down. His hyungs face was red. He radiated mixed emotions. He looked embarrassed and shy yet, a hint of sadness and anger also hovered around him from remembering that night.

The elder smiled a bit forcefully and looked at the younger. He needed to focus on the topic. He was going to tell the younger what happened. He'll deal with the mystery man later.

The younger sensed something was wrong and immediately held his hyungs hand to show him a sign of comfort. The elder relaxed a bit and smiled softly at his best friend.

"What's wrong hyung?" NamJoon asked as he helped his hand a bit tighter.

Hoseok sighed softly as he looked down at the youngers hands. NamJoon was one of the most important people to him, so talking about the incident should be no problem.

"I'm ready to tell you what happened Joonie-ah..." He mumbled softly as he stared at their hands.

NamJoon gave him a reassuring smile and a gentle squeeze to his hands. "Take your time hyung, I'll help you in anyway I can" He spoke in a soft

"It...it happened during the weekend... It was my...my d-dad.." Hoseok spoke in a quiet voice, almost whispering the last words. Tears stung his eyes as he kept his head down.

After his mom left the two of them for another man, his dad had started drinking. He'd never lay a hand on Hoseok. He was always in his right mind and never hurt his son. But Saturday night was different. He drank too much and he hit him. He slapped him. He punched him. He kicked him. He released his anger on the boy who looked so much like his ex-lover.

"Oh god. Come here hyung." NamJoon said with teary eyes. His arms wide open for his friend as he immediately moved for Hoseok to sit beside him. When it came to his best friends, just thinking about them going through something so horrible, it brought him to tears.

Hoseok was finally releasing his tears. His body was shaking with every quiet sob that left his lips. Now that NamJoon was up close the bruises on his neck were visible. Poorly covered up with makeup.

NamJoon was exasperated. His hyung looked so fragile. Bruises lingering around his neck. The boy had been wearing sleeve shirts since a couple of days ago, even when the weather was still very warm. His wrists were covered in bruises.

"Stay with me hyung. Live at my house until it gets better. I want you to be safe." He said as he held his hyung closer. He waited for him to relax before he let go of him.

Hoseok wiped his tears away and looked at the younger male before he gave him a small smile. "Can I really Joonie-ah?"

NamJoon nodded his head rapidly. He wouldn't hesitate to help out his closest friends when they clearly needed him. Especially because Hoseok was the closest to NamJoon and they went through practically everything together.

Once his soft cries turned into small sniffles, he spoke in a soft tone. "Thank you NamJoon... I really owe you one this time." He said as he got up and gave the younger a big hug.

NamJoon wasn't one to really show much affection but when it came to comforting or showing the people he loved that he was there for them he went all out. His arms embraced his hyung tightly and gently. Although Hoseok was older by a few months, NamJoon was much bigger than his hyung.

Hoseok laughed a bit as he sniffled. His words mumbled a bit in NamJoons shoulder. "You're getting bigger everyday Joon-ah" He said with a soft giggle to follow.

They both finally relaxed and sat back in their seats. Their drinks had finally arrived after what seemed like an eternity.

Hoseok sighed softly as they both relaxed slowly. He then grabbed his strawberry frappe and took a small sip as he looked around to ease his mind a bit. That's when it happened. He locked eyes with the mystery boy.

The one who'd became a hero for that one night. The cute delivery boy. He just so happened to be there when Hoseok's cries and screams were heard. But of course the only reason he'd happened to be at the door was because the boy had to order takeout food. There was nothing edible in the refrigerator any more.

The male smiled a bit at Hoseok. Bowing his head respectfully. From where he was seated, it looked as if Hoseok had a halo around him. It was as if the boy had been sent from heaven to make his life better. He'd seen Hoseok almost everywhere. Coincidentally of course.

Perhaps it was meant to be.

Vote ✩

Comment 💌

Share ❀

Bye bye until next time~
(*'˘'*)♡