Chapter 7

Uma's P.O.V

After I've gotten changed, I come back out to start cleaning. I look at my nail polish. It need to be redone. As I look up from my nails, I see Harry leaning back in a chair, smiling and watching me walk in the room.

It's times like this when I wish me and Mal were still friends. Sort of. But I know it'll never happen, and I hate her, but it was nice to have a girl friend to talk to about guys with.

Mal was never really interested in dating, but every now and then she would tell me who she thought was cute, but she didn't talk about it that often because her mother believes the same thing my mom does. That men are a weakness.

But I just feel like Harry likes me and I don't know how to deal with it. Maybe I can talk to one of the girl's in my crew about it...nevermind. Not a good idea, never trust a pirate. If I told one of them, everyone would find out. But maybe I should talk to Gil about it. He hangs with Harry a lot.

Soon I realize I've been staring at Harry, and I clear my throat and blush. "Why aren't you sweeping?" I ask, trying to divert the attention away from myself.

"Dunno, I'm lazy" He says. "Why don't you put some music on while we clean?" He asks. "Music? Are you serious?" I ask and he nods. I raise my eyebrows, "alright". I walk over to my phone and use an aux cord to connect my phone to a speaker. We may not have many tv channels, but we do have music over here on the Isle.

I play this upbeat song that has a lot of bass in it. I hope my mom doesn't hear it, she'll kill me if I wake her up. "You should turn it down some!" Harry yells over the music. "Don't want you getting in trouble with your mum." He says. I turn the volume down a few notches and when I turn around I see Harry break dancing.

I start laughing and make a face "Umm, what are you doing." I ask him. "What...does..it...look..like?" He says while continuing to dance to the music. Suddenly he grabs my hand and spins me around. "Come here" he laughs.

"I didn't know you could dance" I say smiling in disbelief. "There's a lot of things you don't know about me." He says and dips me. Another thing I love about him is his accent, and he can dance, oh my goodness. Wait, did I just say love? I can't be falling for this guy, I really can't. There's too much work and scheming to be done.

I push him away and start walking towards another table
"Harry, stop messing around, we gotta clean, remember" I say. I look back at him and he looks disappointed, but he grabs the broom off the floor and starts sweeping.

Soon the upbeat song ends and then a slow song comes on. "Why do you have a ballroom song on your phone?" Harry asks me. "I needed to learn how to ballroom dance for Cotillion with Ben." I say, cleaning a table. I look over at Harry and he looks angry for some reason.

Then all of a sudden his face brightens up and he starts dancing with the broom. "Harry Hook, you know how to ballroom dance too?" I say, astonished. "Of course I do, but don't tell any of the other pirates, they'll kick me out of the crew". I start laughing and he does too.

Harry dances over to me and drops the broom. "May I have this dance?" He says while bowing and holding his gloved hand out to me. I just stand there looking surprised. I thought he hated the way they did things over at Auradon, but he's over here acting like that's where he's from, so I just go with it. "Yes you may" I smile and take his hand.

I put my hands around his neck and he puts his hand on my hips. He pulls me close and we start gliding around the restaurant. I gaze into his blue eyes and get lost for a moment. "You wear too much eyeliner" I say, laughing. "You know you like it" Harry smiles. Soon it gets quiet and it feels like we are the only two people in the world right now. I know that sounds cliche, but that's really what it feels like. I rest my head on his shoulder and he pulls me closer. We're just swaying now.

"You enjoying this Hook?" I look up at him and ask after a while. "Cuz it's never gonna happen again, this is a one time thing." I say. I can't believe I let this happen. I totally forgot that we were on the Isle and not Auradon. I felt like I was dancing with Ben again at Cotillion. Man the look on Mal's face was priceless, I snicker to myself.

Harry frowns. "Well I was enjoying it until you said that". "You know we can't be doing this. Do you know where we are?" I say. "Villains aren't supposed to act like they're from Auradon. We can't be like Mal and her friends who turned their back on evil." I say looking up at him. "Can we do this after we take over Auradon?" he asks. It's a good question that I don't have an answer too. "I don't know, doesn't that still mean we're turning our back on evil if we start doing all the things Auradon kids do?" I counter. He doesn't say anything for a moment.

"You're right, we should stop." he finally says. Then he releases me and as I go to turn the music off I realize that it had already cut off a while ago. There were only those two songs on that playlist. We weren't dancing to any music.

"You should go." I say to Harry. "I'll finish cleaning the place." Harry frowns. "No, I said I would help you, so I'm staying." he says. "No, you're not. I changed my mind go check on little Dizzy, make sure she sticks to the plan, but don't you threaten her mother." I say firmly. "Uma, come on. I'm staying here and helping you." He says. "Harry that's an order. I'm not saying this as your friend, I'm saying this as your captain. Now go do it! That's a command." I say loudly.

I immediately regret saying the captain thing. I knows he's always wanted to be the Captain, but I won that boat race fair and square so he'll just have to get over that.

Harry has a hurt look on his face. But somehow even though I yelled at him, he still has that look on his face. It's like a look of admiration or something. I've got to talk to Gil and find out if Harry likes me or not.
It's hard to tell because he's a flirt, but he just looks at me differently.

"Fine." He says and kicks the broom across the room. "Ow!" I hear him say quietly as he walks out the restuarant, or "chip shop", as he calls it, and I giggle to myself.

I really enjoyed dancing with him. I felt like an Auradon girl. That's the first time I didn't want to throw up while thinking about Auradon. I really didn't want it to end, but that's just how things are over here. I'm a bad girl, and I'm trying to stick to my bad plan. I just hope I didn't make a mistake.