Chapter 13

Uma's P.O.V

I still can't believe what my mom just told me. I already knew that I wasn't aloud to go on dates and hang out with boys like that, yesterday was a mistake, but she basically banned me from ever talking to my best friend. I don't know how I'm going to make it in life without Harry. Everything's going to be so different. But I can do it. I have too, or else... "Hello Uma." A voice says smoothly from behind me. Great. This won't be hard at all. 

"What do you want, Harry?" I ask without turning around. Harry comes up from behind and puts his arms around me. "You." he whispers into my ear. "What did you say?" "Oh nothing, just wanted to give you these." He says, holding a bouquet of beautiful blue flowers in front of me. This. Is. Hard. "Where's your hook?" I ask, trying to change the subject. I'm not sure if my mom had camera's put in here too. I slip out of his arms and take the flowers. Harry frowns, "long story, are you okay? Gil told me you were upset about something."

I want to say 'I'm better now that you're here', but I just spotted a camera blinking red. Must be recording. My mother's watching, so I gotta end this quick. "I'm fine, you should go, I have a lot more dishes to clean." I lie, trying to avoid his blue eyes. He stares at me for a moment then takes one of the flowers off the stem and places it gently in my hair. He caresses my face and I close my eyes for a moment, but then I remember the camera.

"Harry! I said I got a lot of work to do! Leave." I say loudly, glaring straight into the camera. I didn't mean to look directly at it..or maybe I did, so my mom could see how she's ruining my life. Harry apparently notices me looking up at it and begins to turn to see what I was staring at and I panic. "Uh, look over here." I say turning his face towards me. He smiles and directs his attention back to me. It's like he melts whenever I touch him, it's kind of cute. We just stare into each others eyes for a moment. I could do this all day but unfortunately my mom won't allow that.

"The door is this way." I say while pushing him out of the kitchen. "But, Uma--" "Bye! Thanks for the flowers, I'm sure my mom will love them." I say, rolling my eyes. Harry smiles then grabs my hand and kisses it dramatically before stepping out of the kitchen. I frown at him, annoyed because it's the only way to keep me from smiling back at him. Gil's standing right outside of the kitchen for some reason, like he was listening to what was going on, so I try to signal him to take Harry out of here, and for once Gil actually understands. He nods at me and grabs Harry's shoulder. "Come on buddy, let's go outside." He says to Harry, who's still looking over at me, longingly. Gil drags him away and out of the restaurant.

I close the kitchen doors and slide against the wall to the floor. 'Well I totally failed', I say to myself and sigh. If I keep this up, mom's going to have me locked up in a tower somewhere. I really don't know how I'm going to avoid Harry, but I'll have to find a way because I need the little freedom that I have. I'll never get everything that I want or revenge on Mal if I'm locked up somewhere. So I'll just have to give Harry up. This is gonna be so hard.

Harry P.O.V

I'm not sure what just happened. I love Uma, but she's really confusing. It's like one second she's into me, then the next she's trying to kick me out. I don't understand. "Get off me Gil" I say, shrugging him off. "Soooo, I heard everything that happened between you two just now and you two are goals" Gil says. "What do you mean? She just kicked me out for no reason. I thought everything was going great." I say, confused.

"Huh, you're right. That part was a little confusing, but I'm sure she had a good reason for doing it. She always does." Gil says. "Maybe I should ask her what's going on. She seems to really open up to me." Gil laughs. I can't believe I'm actually jealous of Gil. Why won't she open up to me like she does with him? "Yeah okay, you talk to her. But tell me what she says after, okay?" I say. Gil smiles and puts two thumbs up and walks back into the chip shop. 

I hope he can figure out what's been bugging her, I'm worried. She could just be thinking about Auradon and what she always thinks about: Getting revenge on Mal and taking over the world. And that sounds great and all and I can't wait to do it too with her and the crew, but I want something more.