T w o

I have a secret crush on Lena.

I don't want anyone to know because I'm scared. I'm scared of being bullied, I'm scared of being left out, I'm scared of being a weirdo. Lena doesn't have to think about that, because she is already an outsider.

Every single day, I see how miserable she is. I see how her eyes are collecting tears, making her eyes glazed over like newly cut glass.

And that's all my fault.

I think Lena knows that I stare at her in class. I can't help it, she's so breathtaking. I sit in the back of the class and I can never truly concentrate on what the teacher is saying as I always find myself looking at her.

I'm tired of hiding how I feel. I want to see Lena happy, I want to make her smile. The desire to just envelope her in my arms and feel her lips touch mine is like a burning pit of fire in my stomach.

For someone who was once so happy, so full of life, to be this broken looking, breaks my own heart. If anyone deserved to feel like she does, it is me.

I betrayed Lena, I tossed her aside in an attempt to climb the popularity ladder, which I did successfully. But now, at the top of the ladder, I feel unhappy and miserable.

I miss Lena, and I wish I had my best friend back. Everything about her I, for some reason, love.

I'm falling for someone I know I shouldn't. I'm trying to fight the feelings but I just can't. I'm falling deeper in love each passing day. And I'm trying to hide it in every possible way.