Take Me Home

Take Me Home
By blissom

STORY

When Vienna Dawson manages to get herself left behind on a senior field trip to the North Carolina Outer Banks, she realizes she has no way to get home, a dead cell phone, and barely any money. Without any way to get back to California before graduation, she starts to panic, until she eventually stumbles upon a strikingly familiar guy from her childhood past who hasn't had a good day either-- Vienna finds him sobbing over a very mysterious phone call that he refuses to talk about. But the lucky part? He has a car and he's also headed to California.

The unlikely pair manage to strike a deal, and they soon hit the road together, but it takes a whole lot more detours than normal, considering both have no sense of direction, a broken GPS, incurable insomnia, and ultimately heavy baggage. In a race against time, two misguided teens will reunite in an adventure of a lifetime, from posing as British tourists to to sleeping in a gas station to being arrested for vandalizing a state park. Together, they'll learn to overcome pretty much every random thing that comes their way...because they really don't have a choice.

-
This book is a very good read, it is cute, deep and original and not at all cliché with hilarious moments contrasting with dark themes and heartbreaks.

[COMPLETED]

Teen Fiction