16: 0-100 REAL QUICK

☆彡:・;.*:・。

"WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?"

"I been around," Kylie answered as she walked inside of the bar. She felt like hadn't seen Veronica for a long time with leaving early for school and getting home after practice to find her taking on a shift at the bar. She'd felt a bit strange the last month with things running a bit too smoothly for her- she had no drug dealers on her back or fights breaking out at school. She'd just been going to school and practicing hard for her volleyball game. It was . . odd, almost.

She did, however, offer to take on shifts at the Alibi, seeing she felt all Veronica did was work now, she took up the job so the woman could spend a day or two at home with the twins in the week. Or at least that was what Veronica thought. Kylie was really just done with looking after the babies on her own, but she was also now needing a source of income.

"What's been goin' on?" The mother-figure asked, drying the inside of a pint glass. She felt a bit disassociated with the world, trying to balance her role as a mom but also trying to redeem her independence and work just as hard as Kev.

Kylie took a seat at the bar and shrugged her shoulders, "nothing really. Debbie told me she's off to some nature, escape place with Frank in hopes it'll improve the delivery of the baby," they shared a judging look, knowing it was bullshit and it wouldn't make the experience any different. "And Fiona still isn't on best of terms with Sean."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"You can't blame them though."

"I mean," Ky looked off to the side as she debated saying the next part, "Fiona's not the most responsible person herself," she reasoned.

"Kylie," V warned. "Stop defending the white boy."

"I'm just saying! She's had a history of leaving harmful stuff around too!" She didn't want to pick a fight, "the both of them are just as irresponsible as the other but Fi needs to understand it was an accident. At least the kid didn't shoot himself."

"He coulda," V promoted.

"But he didn't." Kylie tapped her finger on the bar, recalling the time Fiona had been irresponsible and left something of hers lying around for kids to get into, "better outcome than her—"

"Alright! Alright! Now you're just being nasty," Veronica scolded, setting the glass down, "we get it, accidents happen. Moving on please."

Kylie swung back on her chair, "what time do you want me to start at?"

"I'm kind of on a roll here so if you want you can work with Kev tonight?"

"Eh."

"Eh? Thought you loved working with Kev?!" She quizzed, pouring vodka in a glass.

"I do but I hate a night shift."

"Girl please, you been working here two weeks, you're doing as your told," she said, handing her the paycheque for last week.
Kylie was still getting used to the decrease in payment she received now at her new job, but she knew it was better for the sake of mental health as she could slack a little and be in the company of friends and family.