Chapter Nine: Would You Rather

A/N: Okay but the Ultimate Storytime soundtrack by Thomas Sanders is amazing.

Also, this is a pretty bad chapter. Sorry.

"I am so confused," Lily said once they were all sitting on the couch. "What's going on?"

"We're brothers," Evan explained, gesturing to Heath.

"So does that make him my brother, too?" She asked.

"Not technically," Evan said. "Heath and I have the same dad. You're my mom's daughter."

"Oh."

"I still don't know who the hell you are," Heath said to Evan.

"I'm Evan," he said.

"Wait, are you the guy who put my dad in jail?"

"Well-"

"You are, aren't you?" Heath exclaimed. "That's what my mom told me!"

"No, she didn't," Isabel said.

"Shut up!" Heath yelled. "Tell me what he did. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was a misunderstanding."

"He stole five thousand dollars from my bank account," Evan said.

"Damn," Lily commented.

Heath pursed his lips. "Okay, maybe not a misunderstanding." He turned to Lily. "Why do I know you?"

Lily shrugged.

"Wait, are you in Bare?" He asked. She nodded. "Who are you playing?"

"Ivy."

"You beat my sister in the audition!" He exclaimed.

"Wait, your sister is Addison?"

Heath nodded.

"She's a bitch," Crystal commented.

"How so?" He asked.

"She said Lily wasn't pretty."

"And she said I'm too young to play Ivy."

"And that she wasn't pretty, which isn't true," Crystal repeated to get her point across.

"You and Evan actually look similar," Zoe commented, looking at Heath.

"I should probably go," he said, standing up.

"No, it's okay-" Evan began to stay.

"No, no, I made things awkward. Sorry. Bye." He walked out the door.

They all sat there for a moment. "What the fuck just happened?" Connor broke the silence. "Sorry for swearing, Lily."

"Connor, I don't fucking care," Lily said.

"My brother just showed up," Evan said.

"I'm really sorry," Parker sighed.

"No, don't apologise," Evan said.

"So... what now?" Lily asked.

"Truth or Dare!" Jared said.

"Lily, I dare you to kiss Crystal!" Connor said. The two girls blushed.

"We're not playing Truth or Dare!" Evan exclaimed.

"Thank-you," Lily sighed.

"Are you saying you don't want to kiss me?" Crystal sounded offended.

Lily giggle nervously. "What? I-I... uh... let's change the subject."

"I've changed my mind," Evan laughed. "Let's play Truth or Dare. Connor, you start!"

"Crystal! Truth or Dare?" He smiled.

"Dare."

Oh, God. 'Don't do it, Connor,' Lily thought.

"I dare you to kiss Lily."

He did it.

Crystal didn't hesitate before kissing Lily on the cheek.

"No, I meant-" Connor began to complain.

Crystal shot finger guns and smiled. "You didn't specify."

"Dammit!" He cursed.

"Nevermind, I don't want to play anymore," Evan said.

"We could play Would You Rather," Alana suggested.

"Good idea," Zoe said. "Man, I feel like a teenager again."

"I'll sit out," Parker said.

"Aw, come on, Parker!" Lily said. Parker shook her head.

"I'm starting!" Connor exclaimed.

"Oh, God," Lily sighed.

"Lily, would you rather make out with the guy who is playing Jason in Bare or Crystal?"

Lily blushed and said, "Crystal."

"That's gay," Jared said.

"I thought you were 'straight'," Evan said, making air quotes.

"Yeah, but I know Crystal. I don't know Noah," Lily said.

"Doesn't make it any less gay," Jared said. Crystal laughed whilst Lily groaned and put her face in her hands.

"Lily, it's your go," Connor said.

Lily thought for a moment. "Zoe, would you rather always be ten minutes late or twenty minutes early?"

"That's a really good one," she said. "I'd probably be twenty minutes early. Better to be early than late, after all."

Lily nodded. "Cool. Your turn."

"Connor, would you rather be famous when you are alive and forgotten when you die or unknown when you are alive but famous after you die?" Zoe asked.

"Famous after I die," Connor said immediately. "That was easy. I'd hate to be famous."

"Fair enough," Zoe said.

"Evan, would you rather be alone for the rest of your life or always be surrounded by annoying people?" Connor asked Evan.

"Um... probably always surrounded by annoying people. I'd hate to be alone."

"Good point. I mean, you are almost always surrounded by Jared and Zoe," Connor said.

"Hey!" Zoe complained.

"Fuck you, Connor," Jared said.

"Um... Crystal," Evan said. "Would you rather be poor but help people or become incredibly rich by hurting people?"

"Be poor and help people. Definitely," she said. "Jeremy, would you rather die in twenty years with no regrets or die in fifty years with many regrets?"

Jeremy chuckled. "I already have many regrets, so I'll go with the fifty years one. Michael, would you rather be able to control fire or water?"

"Water," Michael said. "So I can put out fires at Halloween parties."

"That's very specific," Lily said.

"It's a long story," he replied. "Alana, would you rather be loved or feared by everyone?"

"I'd much rather be loved by everyone," she said. "Jared, would you rather have everything you eat be too salty or not salty enough no matter how much salt you add?"

"Bitch, I'm a salt factory," he said. "But I love salt, so too salty."

"That's not healthy," Alana said.

"I really don't care."

"Of course you don't."