Chapter Twelve - Cher Horowitz and Chemistry pickup lines.

"Can you stop poking my bruise, Cher Horowitz," Owen said to River and River frowned before poking it again

"I think my outfit looks good today," River said before poking it again and Owen rolled his eyes at his sister.

The pair were sitting in the cafeteria at lunch. Owen managed to stay in his room the whole weekend to avoid his parents from seeing his bruises and they still haven't healed properly.

"Has Reggie given you any trouble today?" Owen asked his sister and River shook her head before biting into her apple.

"Has he given you any trouble today?" River asked him and Owen shook his head. Before any of them could say something Jughead sat down at their lunch table.

"Okay, so I'm coming over for dinner today," Jughead said while sliding Rivers lunch tray away from her and towards himself.

"You might as well move since you are always at my damn house," Owen said and before Jughead could reply four more people approached their lunch table.

Veronica slid into the space next to Jughead and opposite River and Owen. Archie sat next to Veronica and Betty sat at the head of the table and Kevin slid into the seat next to River.

"Oh, River, look. It's the Scooby Doo gang, coming to sit with us," Owen joked and River laughed before sliding her lunch tray away from Jughead and back to herself.

"Well, we did solve a murder. What did you guys do?" Jughead said smugly while the others laughed.

"We did this thing called minding our own business, " Owen said River nodded in agreement while the others laughed.

"So, Why are you guys sitting with us, the outcasts of Riverdale high?" Owen asked them and Jughead rolled his eyes.

"Ronnie suggested that we should all hang out together, besides I miss Jughead," Archie said and Veronica nodded in agreement.

"How's your eye? That's a nasty bruise," Veronica asked Owen and Owen shrugged.

"I don't feel a thing," Owen said and River rolled her eyes before poking the bruise again making her brother flinch and the table laugh.

"Are you sure you don't feel a thing?" River asked and Owen rolled his eyes.

"So how did the fight start in the first place? I just remember Reggie punching you and Archie holding him back," Betty asked and Owen shrugged.

"Reggie was being a dick. Veronica we have chemistry next period together, don't we?" Owen asked changing the subject.

"Yeah we do," Veronica said and Owen nodded before quickly looking at his sister who was shaking her head at him.