Chapter Sixteen: Resting Bitchfaces and Sushi.

"Well, if it isn't my pothead children," Nathan said as Owen and River walked into the kitchen the next morning

"It's a slippery slope. First its marijuana next it's cocaine," Eva said as she angrily flipped some pancakes.

"In my defence, Owen drugged me." River said while sitting down on the kitchen island and Owen gasped.

"Thanks for throwing me under the bus," Owen said while angrily shoving some pancakes into his mouth and River just shrugged.

"I am so disappointed in you guys. You guys are grounded until college," Eva said angrily.

"Honey, in college they are more likely to do more pot. They are grounded until they are dead," Nathan said and River sighed.

"On a serious note. You guys are grounded for a month. No parties and no friends are allowed over," Eva said and Owen gasped.

"Mom, if Jughead doesn't come over what will he eat?! He relies on your cooking to get by. You can't let him starve, mother," Owen said exaggerating it slightly and River nodded in agreement.

"Really? Is that why he's here every day?" Eva asked and the siblings nodded.

"See, I told you it's not because he has a crush on you, Eva," Nathan said and River and Owen snorted.

"You thought Jughead had a crush on you, mom?" River asked and Eva shrugged.

"I mean, I couldn't blame him. I'm a beautiful women," Eva said and Nathan nodded in agreement.

"Yes, you are." Nathan said before kissing his wife and Owen and River cringed.

"My eyes!" River exclaimed while Owen booed them.

"You guys are still grounded. School, work, then home. No outings with friends, no friends allowed over apart from Jughead," Nathan said and the siblings nodded.

"But this grounding starts tomorrow right?" River asked hopefully and her parents just looked at her.

"I have a friend coming over today, we have a project together," River lied and her parents and brother raised an eyebrow at her.

"You have a project?" Eva asked the same time Owen said "You have a friend?"

"Yes. I do have a friend ,Owen, and yes mom, I do have a project." River said and her mother and father looked at each other before looking back at each other.

"Oh yeah, What's the project about? And is this friend a girl or a boy?" Nathan asked with a smug smile and River shrugged.