F O U R | aesthetically pleasing room

Corbyn and Jonah both explained to me that the college is holding some sort of carnival at the end of the first month, and each major had to do something extravagant.

There were a total of five majors; art/design, music, literature, dance and drama.

We were all to separate and create a small group that would have their ideas clash and come together, and so we had to be familiar with the area we were supposed to set up in. I was in a group with Corbyn obviously as we planned on doing some sort of aesthetically pleasing art exhibit where you could be the art.

All that surrounded Corbyn's head was "Instagram feed", which I couldn't help and agreed.

It's all about satisfying the customer.

"The college is rich as hell and they will buy us a lot of the things we'll need," Corbyn explained the group which the majority was freshman, "I was thinking we have this room set up with mirrors, right? And hang all these lights but all in one colour."

"Blue," I immediately blurted and the blonde grinned, "It's a nice colour."

"We can rent out a few classes to create these rooms, and if we start tomorrow, we'll be done before the carnival," Corb explained and we all agreed. We met up with the other art majors, gathering ideas and even a few had some snack ideas.

Soon after we were done with brainstorming, we were allowed to head back to our dorms. I grabbed my phone from my pocket as I walked towards the dorm, finding a few texts from Zach saying that he and his family are flying out to attend the carnival.

Since I wasn't paying attention, the moment I stepped through the door, a bucket of whatever it was that Daniel had set up had fallen and spilled all over me.

I could only inhale and exhale as I looked down to see what it was.

"It's slime," Daniel hopped down off his bed, "You should've seen your face because holy crap!" He threw his head back in laughter as he clapped in joy. "But don't worry, it could easily be cleaned—it's the hair that's the problem."

"You're really in for it, aren't you?" I asked with a raise of my brow, my eyes set in glares as I clenched my jaw.

"You bet I am," he grinned. That's the thing about Daniel, he can't look angry, annoyed or devious because all their is in his face is joy, joy and more joy. He's practically radiating with happiness, affecting people around him and unfortunately, I'm falling victim to how positive he is.

"I'm going to work, there's too much positivity in this room," I muttered, heading to the showers to clean my hair up but not to actually shower because honestly, I'm lazy to do all of that.

On the way to the showers, Jack had stopped me and before he talked, he eyed the glob on my head, "Daniel planned that."

"I'm aware."

"Anyways, what are you doing for the carnival?" He asked.

"Rooms with aesthetically pleasing features," I told him, then asked for the musicians.

"Guess the song type of games, guess the lyrics and a lot more guessing because I wasn't in a group with Daniel, and he has a lot of creative ideas," he said, "I tried sharing mine, but no one was listening."

"Just talk it out with Danny, he's available now—"

"Nah it's—"

"Do it before I kill him for the slime," I quickly added, an innocent smile forming. Jack nervously ran his hand through his curls before chuckling and pointing at me, then walking away.