T E N | not a date

Daniel and I acted like the conversation with Jack never happened, and he even went as far as to keeping his friend out of the dorm until we were done with our trip into the city later tonight. I was now in an all-black outfit, my hair tied up in a bun and I stood outside of the blue room. I was with another art student, but she didn't talk much and her phone practically glued to her hands. Corbyn was at a different area, and also showing Christina around the place.

We had a few people come in and out of the room, almost all for the purpose of posting pictures online, and a few wanted the picture for their own needs.

"Hey cousin," Zach appeared, holding a candied apple in one hand. "Do I have to pay for a picture?"

"If you want to a picture with the polaroid," I gestured to the camera on the table in front of Miss My-Phone-Is-Everything. "But if you're using your own, then it's free." He nodded, handing me his phone and asking me to get his good side, earning a roll of my eyes as I snapped a few pictures, two of which I purposely moved my hand to blur it

"Why are you like this?" Zach asked exasperated with my behaviour, I only sent him a grin. He squinted his eyes at me suspiciously, "You're being giddy, you're rarely ever giddy—last time you were giddy was because your freshman crush had finally liked a picture of you."

"Do you really have to bring that up?" I asked in offence, "I admit that freshman year was not the best year for me when it came to crushes, but damn, you're holding that against me."

"You have a list of things to hold against me," he retorted. "Anyways, what are you doing later? Dad and I were planning on exploring."

"Can't," I responded immediately, arranging the polaroid examples on the table, "I'm going out with Da—" I caught myself, and slowly looked up to see Zach who was still squinting, and slowly, but surely, a wide grin appeared and a laugh of triumph escaped his lips.

"I knew it!" He claimed, lifting his arms up, "Yes!"

"Oh stop being so immature, we're going out as friends since he owes me," I explained, rolling my eyes, "is that all or are you going to stick around and continue to annoy me?"

"I wish I could, but I've got more things to do," he said, walking towards his dad that was already done the hall. Zach then stopped, looking at me with a smug grin, "Have fun on your date."

"It's not a date!"

I hadn't met Daniel the entire event because his activities were in the other side of campus. The day had felt quite bland without him around to make a fool out of himself. It was only until after everyone started going home did Daniel finally come to where I was.

"Hello stranger," he greeted, "Do you mind taking a pic? I'm trying to achieve a blue theme on my Instagram."

"Sure, Polaroid or phone?" I asked.

"Phone." He handed me his phone before we entered the place. "This really came out nice."

"Yeah I know, right? Okay smile or... Whatever." I snapped a few pictures of him before handing the phone to him. "They come out good?"

"More than good, hey, I can benefit from this friendship with how good your photography skills are," he compliments, "I'm on my way to a better Instagram feed."

"Okay, chill Seavey, if you're paying me then sure I'll do it," I jokingly responded. "Do you wanna leave now? The other students will be cleaning up the entire exhibit—mostly the students that didn't bother helping out."