Chapter 10

Persuasia's POV
As I was getting dressed for my party Gelo and I started to facetime.

"Hey Baby." I said smiling wide into the camera.

"Damn Girl get yo big ass head from in front of the camera like that." He said chuckling.

" You so rude my head not even that big." I said pouting.

"Yes it is, but you almost ready I'm taking you to your party." He said.

"What about Shyla though, Does she have a ride?" I asked glancing at my phone.

"Don't worry I can have Melo pick her up I'm sure they'll get along." He said smiling at me.

"Why are you staring at me like that weirdo?" I asked laughing.

"Because you look so beautiful baby, It amazes me how you can look so beautiful natural or with makeup." He stated.

"Aww Gelly Pooh you're so sweet." I said admiring him.

"Ew Don't ever call me that again." He said scrunching up his face.

"I'll still do it regardless of what you say." I said smiling.

"Yeah yeah Okay but I'm on my way I'll be there in about 5 minutes so hurry up." He said grabbing his keys.

"Okay baby, Bye I love you." I said hanging up.

I sat and looked at myself in my mirror I am 18 finally a legal adult my life has gone by so quickly I just want to bring the time back. I honestly feel like I'm not ready for this new welcoming to life. What if I don't get accepted into any good colleges? What if Gelo falls into the temptation of these females? I've never been the insecure type but I feel vulnerable to his love.

"Hey Babe you ready." Gelo said from behind me.

"Yes." I said sighing sliding on my tiara.

"What's on your mind? You seem a little stressed." He said looking at me concerened.

"Nothing really, I'm just thinking about life." I said slipping past him.

"I know that's not all but we'll talk about it later." He said wrapping an arm around my waist.

As we sit in the car listening to the soft singing on the radio I start to slip off into my own world my mind is clouded with these thoughts of him cheating.

"Babe you sure you're okay?" Gelo asked glancing at me.

"I just have a lot on my mind." I said lowly.

"Talk to me about it I'm here for you forever and always." He said grabbing my hand squeezing it.

"It's just sometimes I think about how you left Izzy to be with me and I'm scared you'll find someone you think is better than me and do the same thing to me." I said looking out the window as we pulled into the venue parking the car.

"Baby look at me, I will never do that to you, I left Izzy because I realized my feelings for you were stronger than the little feelings I had for her. I will never do anything to hurt you. I love you and only you remember that." He said cupping my face softly.

"I love you more than ever Gelo." I said leaning over kissing him.

"Now come on we got to get to your party." He said grinning at me.

As we walked into the building hand in hand I saw all my family and friends waiting on us.

"Now that the birthday girl is here we can start the party." I heard the DJ say before hearing the soft Melodic beat of "Focus" by H.E.R.