Chapter 8 : Intoxicated Truths

Momentary change of point of view. :)

I think this is one of my favorite chapters. :D

****

Alexander's POV

I dropped off Vita at my house after dinner and I headed back to headquarters without saying a word to her.

Parking at the front public area, I walked towards the concealed, one story building that had a floor underground, off to the left side. This wasn't an average building. It was fortified with the toughest guards and some of the most updated technology that money could buy. Even tactical groups were on standby, watching over the building just in case an incident occurs.

There were only two exits, one at the front and the other at the back of the rectangular building, and not many windows. The ground floor was a place to detain the criminals we had captured during missions and on the main floor held the interrogation rooms.

The guards standing near the front entrance acknowledged me with a nod as I tapped my identification card on the little screen to open the doors.

Inside was simply a straight, but wide and long hallway that led to the only other exit of this building. The hallway was filled with doors on both sides with numbers written boldly on top of them. Every odd number was the actual interrogation room and the even number that followed were viewing rooms that could look into the odd numbered rooms through a thick one-way mirror.

I kept my face impassive as usual as I entered room number twelve.

"Hey." Victor took a quick glance at me as I closed the door behind me.

I simply nodded at him and looked through the mirror.

"That's our last one."

Victor and I had already interrogated four of the criminals that captured Vita the other day and this one was our last one.

"Think we'll have any luck with this guy?"

I crossed my arms over my chest and closed my eyes for a moment. "Ready?"

Looking over at Victor, he tossed me a curt nod. "You or me?"

"I'll go."

*

I was standing in the interrogation room where the only other things in it were a table and two chairs, one on each side.

The man that sat silently cuffed in front of me had hazel eyes and from the moment I walked in, he never stopped studying me. From the moment I saw him in the waiting room, the presence of his overflowing charisma and easy confidence differentiated him from the other ones we interrogated already.

"Name?" I placed my hands on the table and faced him squarely.

A smirk appeared on his face as he leaned back on his chair."You tell me something, then I'll tell you something. So?"

"Where are they?"

Hazel Eyes shrugged and his smirk grew bigger. "Who knows?"

I stared into his eyes and coldly belittled him, striking a blow on his overgrown ego. "You must not be important since you don't seem to know anything."

His expression immediately changed and he tilted his torso towards me with his forearms on the table. The smirk on his face vanished and it was replaced by a fierce scowl.

"Did I hit a nerve?"

He snorted and looked away from me. That was when I noticed a tattoo on his neck. I could only see a peek of it but it seemed to be a snake of some kind.