Chapter 17 : Mistake

The sound of my phone going off pulled me out of my peaceful slumber. I ignored my phone and snuggled into my pillow, hoping to fall asleep again, but it pissed me off when it rang once more. With a sigh, I pretended to not hear it and planted my face deeper into the soft pillow.

Just then, I heart a deep chuckle from beside me... or was it from on top of me?

That's when I registered the heavy torso that was half on top of me, an arm and a leg across my body encasing me in warmth. I ripped my eyes open and stiffened.

"Going to get that?" Alexander's voice was husky with sleep and this time, his face was right next to mine, lips moving against my ear, breath fanning against my cheek.

"Get the fu*k off of me," I growled as I realized that I couldn't move a muscle because of him.

He gave a slow chuckle and I felt his chest rumble against my back as he moved to cover my entire body with his own, legs tangling together. His warmth seeped into my slightly chilled body.

"Still the grumpy one in the morning?" He spoke softly as he pressed a kiss near my temple.

My eyebrows furrowed together at how odd he was acting. "You're the early bird, not me."

"Sleep well?"

My answer was the scowl on my face and he simply smiled back at me in return. Surprisingly, I did sleep through the whole night without waking up, which was a feat, and I felt completely rested. However, he didn't need to know.

My phone went off again and I grumbled and tried to shrug him off. I was only able to succeed in yanking out one arm.

"Careful," he warned with a dark edge in his voice laced with desire and I immediately froze, remembering what had transpired between us last night.

Trying to completely disregard what he said, I reached over to the nightstand to pick up my phone, but came to realize my arms was a few inches too short. I tried to shift to reach the retched ringing device and was only able to move an inch closer, which wasn't enough.

I felt his chest shake slightly against my back and realized that he was laughing at me, finding my lack of arm length to reach my phone utterly amusing.

"Damn it, Alexander. Get. Off." I spat out through gritted teeth as I tried to use brute strength to lift him off of me.

Alexander didn't seem bothered by my sour attitude as he reached over my outstretched arm to reach my phone. Grabbing my phone, he placed it in my hand and proceeded to lift himself off of me. He placed a kiss at the back of my shoulder as he got off, and I felt a rush of cold air lick my back.

I shut off the annoying alarms that were set to wake me up by ringing every five minutes, and sat up as well, tugging the blanket up to my chin because I knew I didn't have a stitch of clothing on.

Neither him nor I mentioned what happened last night as we both got ready for the day. It was at breakfast, as I placed my plates in the sink to walk out and he was scanning over his messages, when I decided to bring up the subject.

"About last night..." I began cautiously when I stood at the exit as Alexander eyed me carefully from dining table where he was sitting, and I dreaded the conversation that was about to start. "it didn't happen."

His dark greys narrowed at me as he put his phone down and stood up, looking at me like he was predator and I was the prey he was about to hunt.

"We were both vulnerable and it was a moment of weakness."

Alexander walked around the table and closer towards me until my nose almost brushed against his chest. He loomed over me and stared down at me. "You're saying it was a mistake?" His voice was low with barely contained anger.